Newbie Third Cake Report

Decorating By ivanabacowboy Updated 23 Aug 2005 , 5:06am by tcturtleshell

ivanabacowboy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivanabacowboy Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 8

Third Cake Report. Stayed home from work today to get some car repairs done, so might as well play with frosting. I figure once I get to five cakes, I will cease my newbie reports and just post things in the gallery.

Bummer: Colors were supposed to be dark beige and light yellow. I accidentally picked the gold coloring instead of yellow. Der! So ended up with dark beige and gold. The colors in the first picture are closer to real-the second is darker.

Reason for Cake: My 17 year old frosting-monger (aka: son), after snatching my flowers and smushing my leaves on my cake last night, asked if I would make a cake just for him. I am a good mommy. icon_biggrin.gif

Kitchen tools to the rescue again. How did I get the side swags exactly even? Why of course that same dessert bowl that I used last night to do a circle in center of my cake lol! Just put it halfway down the sides of the cake and overlapped a little-perfect size. I just stuck some more tiny drop flowers on the swag on the sides.

I wanted to do the rope at the bottom but ran out of beige icing. So I had to improvise doing half gold/half beige, knowing I would never get the exact same shade again.

Again, sorry for the bad pics but need camera batteries. So my range and lighting are limited to within about 1 foot of my USB cable lol!
LL
LL

7 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 8

Nice Job!!! and yes I did notice your nice swags.. Thank you for that info. thumbs_up.gif

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 8

Really nice job!!

Daniela

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 8

Nicely done! You are doing terrific!

CanCakeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanCakeMom Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 8

nicely done icon_smile.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 4:34am
post #6 of 8

Great job and I am enjoying your updates! Haha, have to admit, I thought that perhaps the son that got at the icing was maybe about 3 or 4 years old. But then, haha, he is male so that explains a lot. My hubby still fights for the privilege of licking out the icing bowl and the paddle attachment, once I am done. So some things never change.
Nice mommy, making him a cake like that!
Hugs Squirrelly

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 4:47am
post #7 of 8

Good job! icon_biggrin.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 5:06am
post #8 of 8

Looking good!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%