Help!! Need Deep Bright Colors

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 12 Apr 2009 , 3:57pm by 2txmedics

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 5

Making my grand daugs. "cakes" one small tinker bell and hanna montana guitar, Im matching the color to each other. But my daug. in law would love the deep bright flourens. colors.

I need Pink, Lim green, and purple any ideas how to get this and in airbrush?? Also Ive asked it before and it never got answered. Know that if you use alot of wilton color that the color can affect the taste of the icing. What if your airbrushing? its it the same way? Can you get that bitter taste with airbrushing?

Thanks my CCer friends.

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 5

Well..the Americolors sell the electric colors..I use the lime green all the time.They also sell the pick and putple but I find the purple quite dark.I have never had a customer report that the icing after airbrushing was bitter.

mix yellow and green to get lime green
mix red and blue to get purple
mix red and white to get some sort of pink but it won't be a great shade.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 5

your best bet is to pick up the electric colors. i love them. A very small amount goes a long way.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

mix red and white to get some sort of pink but it won't be a great shade.

Add a TINY touch of yellow to that and you'll be closer to hot pink. Not too much though, or you'll get salmon.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all so much!!!! I knew I could count on you all, knowing so much in the cake world of ours. lol

Im wondering why when I posted this I never got an email telling me I had replys...but I have it marked to? hmmmmm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%