Let Me Apologize For My Bad Manners.

Lounge By jaklotz1 Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 1:31am by __Jamie__

jaklotz1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaklotz1 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 11

I just went to my Private Message box and realized that I have a lot of old PMs that I rudely never responded to. I am the first to admit that I am really bad about this. I always intend to respond to my messages, but I always say to myself, "I will do it later." And of course later comes and goes and I still have not responded. So, I beg of each of you...if you have sent me a private message, and I never responded please forgive me. I promise I will try to get better about this. My husband told me (and I hate to admit it but he was right) that if I am not going to take the time to respond to my messages, then I shouldn't upload my pictures. So, if anyone has any questions they have asked me and I didn't respond to, please feel free to resend them to me. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

10 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 11

You're not the only one who does that. I am guilty of the same icon_sad.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:41am
post #3 of 11

I did the same thing. I had corresponded several times with one CCer in particular. She sent me a pm and I read it. I figured I'd respond to it later and forgot. The next message from her wanted to know if I was ok and if I was mad at her. I felt like dirt.

See...you're not the only ones.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 11

Eek! I'd better go check mine!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 11

I think we're all guilty of this be it PM thru CC, emails with folks outside of CC and phone calls. We've all been there and done that, life gets in the way, what are you to do??

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaklotz1

My husband told me (and I hate to admit it but he was right) that if I am not going to take the time to respond to my messages, then I shouldn't upload my pictures.

You've uploaded a lot of photos and do very nice, clean work, but you only have 28 posts to your name! I hope you will jump in and participate here! icon_smile.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:17pm
post #7 of 11

I would also like to see you post more. Your work is always so lovely, it would be great to share your knowledge. icon_smile.gif

jaklotz1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaklotz1 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:14pm
post #8 of 11

Ok, so I will admit their are a few reasons I have not been big on posting and reading through the forums. First, because I still feel like somewhat of a newbie and I am still learning as I go, so I guess I let my insecurities get in my way. I am always afraid I won't have enough to share. Second, some of the times that I have read through forums I find that some of them can turn a little negative and caddy(sp?), so I just avoid. I know that this is not the case with a lot of the forums, but reading through some of them just drains a girl. Lastly, it leads back to the reason I started this thread. LIFE. Life just seems to zoom by, and I have a hard enough time keeping up with the day to day let alone all the extra fun stuff like cake. Although I would rather talk cake any day. So, in conclusion I will work on it.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:20am
post #9 of 11

Those all sound like very valid reasons. Yes, the cake ladies get catty from time to time. (Oh, by the way, you might want to avoid the Bronwen thread today....) icon_lol.gif
But don't let your insecurities get the best of you. Your work is awesome and you most definitely have things to share. icon_smile.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:29am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Those all sound like very valid reasons. Yes, the cake ladies get catty from time to time. (Oh, by the way, you might want to avoid the Bronwen thread today....) icon_lol.gif
But don't let your insecurities get the best of you. Your work is awesome and you most definitely have things to share. icon_smile.gif

thanks for the heads up! *off to the Bronwen thread* LOL!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:31am
post #11 of 11

Been there..done that! I am obsessive about responding, and if I have ever missed any....I'm sorry too!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%