Baking Question?

Decorating By nicolesprinkle Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 6:20am by JanH

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 12:27am
post #1 of 4

I have wilton 8 inch and 6 inch pans both 3 inches deep! About how many cups of batter do i need to put into each pan? I filled the 8 inch half way and it overflowed then I tried putting less and it got really crispy and caved in! HELP! I want to scream! TFL

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:13am
post #2 of 4

I haven;'t used 3" deep pans but generally filling it 1/2 way up the side is right.......sorry you had problems.

I'm wondering if your oven is off temp. Have you had it checked? If you put less batter into the pan it should not get crispy nor cave in......well depending on how little batter used, what temp you baked at, and how long icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:24am
post #3 of 4

For the 3" deep pans, I bake at 325 degrees, fill the pans 2/3rds full, and use a flower nail in the center. An 8" round usually takes about an hour.

What kind of cake did you use that overflowed a 3" deep pan after filling it only half full?? It sounds like your oven was too hot to begin with.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 6:20am
post #4 of 4

Everything you need to know to bake, assemble and decorate tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Has links to all four Wilton cake preparation charts which gives recommended batter amounts, baking temps and times for pans based on size and depth.
And so much more.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%