Kakeladi --Let's All Help Her.

Lounge By mkolmar Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 2:05pm by janelwaters

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:54pm
post #61 of 91

Another major update

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or start a new thread icon_sad.gif
I am just sick, Sick, SICK to have discovered he is advertising on a *gay* forum!!!!!!!!! icon_redface.gificon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

This definately confirms that God was telling me to 'stay' and not continue my life with him. I am sooooo totally shocked and sad and mad and every other emotion one can think of.

To those who said to find out about savings, retirement accts etc. There are none..... no insurance either. He has drained me of close to 1/2 million over the past 5 years. His retirement is a whole $10 a month. He is getting around $500-600 a month unemployment along w/SS of around $8-900.
It also changes my feelings about 'going after any & all I can'.
I guess I'll be seeing a lawyer asap icon_sad.gif
That worries me as my SS is based in part on his earnings. I'm afraid it will be *cut*.

And having to look at him turns my stomach........why, oh why doesn't he just leave?? I think he is waiting until the 2nd Wed of April when we get our next SS payment. At least now I know a date to look forward to.

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:09pm
post #62 of 91

Lynne
God will be with you and pull you in the direction He wants you to go. As GlendaleAZ said "Remember, when one door closes, God sometimes opens a very large, very wide, double door in its place. This has happen to me a few times." Amen
We are right there with you also. Even tho we never met, we know you are a kind and generous woman who has greatly enriched our lives!
Yes, please find a lawyer who will help you.
We are so sorry that you have to go through this. Please be strong and take care of yourself!

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:11pm
post #63 of 91

duplicate!!!!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:30pm
post #64 of 91

Well, on the other hand, it's easier to lose your husband to another man. That way you know that you could never "compete", and it's not that you lost your looks, or your hair wasn't right, or whatever... My cousin's first husband turned out to be gay, and my brother's wife's first husband (What???) also turned out to be gay. I know that doesn't help at all. He should have been upfront with you about it from the first moment.

I am so totally in for any help that I can give. I feel for you. It's not easy to lose a life-time partner for whatever reason (but at least it's not for an "upgrade"!!!) (Ok, trying to make you smile might not be working right now... But it's what I do.)

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:03pm
post #65 of 91

Glad to hear your seeing a lawyer. Sometimes you just have to get a little angry( or just disgusted) to stand up for yourself. I don't know for sure, but I don't think a divorce should affect your social security. When my mom applied, they asked for information about her first husband, and my parents have been married 40 years, to figure how much she should get. She said she was assumed if he had earned more than my dad she would have gotten more, but she didn't want anything to do with anything of his ( he was abusive)
You might be able to get information about that on the social security web page, one less thing to worry about.

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:10am
post #66 of 91

Kakeladi , I hate that you have to be going through such a horrible ordeal. Don't worry about your SS getting "cut". I can tell you that I know for a fact that it will go up when he leaves and you call and tell the SS office. I know this from experience helping my parents. My mothers SS was based on my Fathers income too. When they seperated her SS check went up by about $100, because they look at the household expenses and knew that for her to pay them alone she would need more income. You should still go and speak with a lawyer even tho theres no retirement or savings to consider, just so that you know that you have someone looking after your best interests. Prayers and thoughts are with you!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:15am
post #67 of 91

I will help. Just tell me what to do and where. Lynne, I have known u on the cake boards for eons. My heart breaks for you. Let us help.

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:11am
post #68 of 91

Oh dear. God bless your heart. Did you have a clue? Since he is in the wrong and has led this double life for a while probably everyone will be on your side as far as benefits, ss or any other income that he has or may have in the future. Print out the advertisement and take it with you when you see an attorney (which he will also have to pay for). I am so very sorry and you know we are all behind you. Have you asked him to leave and what does he say? What an awkward feeling that must be.

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:46am
post #69 of 91

It just crossed my mind that just to be safe, it may be better to hold off financial support until there is an official separation in case HE claims half of HER money received during the marriage. There's something to ask a lawyer about.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:10pm
post #70 of 91

I was thinking the same thing as Margaretb. Is the paypal account linked to a joint account that he also has access too?

kakeladi Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:59pm
post #71 of 91

With a deeply grateful heart I want to thank one and all for their help and prayers.

2Corinthians 1: 3-11 (my paraphrase)

I give Praise to the Father....of compassion and the God of all comfort... in all my troubles...I am suffering hardships...under great pressure, far beyond my ability to to endure....even despair of life.....but this is happening that I might not rely on myself but on God.....on Him I have set my hope....as He uses you thru your prayers many will give thanks......for the gracious favor in answer to those prayers.

Sincerely,

Lynne (aka:kakeladi)

P.S. My paypal is not connected to a joint account.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:04pm
post #72 of 91

have you posted your paypal address here, or do I need to PM you?

margaretb Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:03pm
post #73 of 91

Regarding accounts -- I do recall that, here at least, if someone receives, say, an inheritance, as long as they keep it in a completely seperate account from other money, it is exempt from being split. That means no dipping into that account for some expenses and then paying it back. No depositing other money to the account and taking it out. Completely seperate.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:17pm
post #74 of 91

Kakeladi, I know this isn't particularly helpful, but I am even more angry for you after reading your update. Living all these years, thinking he was one person and then he wasn't. i can't imagine how shocked you much have been. Grrr. I really hope I can help in some small way.

I saw in your location you said RV-do you own it? Is this a place you can live?

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:53pm
post #75 of 91

PASSING ON A MESSAGE FROM KAKELADI

Hi, Kakeladi had my email address from when I sent her money thru paypal. Last night she emailed me that she couldn't get into CC. I think everyone was having problems (I know I was). She was concerned it was her computer and that her husband had done something to it.

She asked me to post a message here on her behalf that she can't get in and "I don't want anyone to think I'm not grateful for all the messages and help that is being given"

If anyone wants to reach her, PM me and I'll pass on her email address.

I know she appreciates everyone's support.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 5:02pm
post #76 of 91

Nannie, I didn't see her paypal information posted, and I'm not sure how to transfer from my account to someone elses. Please let us know. If you can't post if here would you please pm me. Thanks.......Tonia

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 5:13pm
post #77 of 91

Same here. Do I also need a Paypal account in order to transfer to kakeladi's account? I've never dealt with Paypal before except once when I ordered something through Amazon or Ebay, I can't remember which.

For that I think I just used my Debit card, I can't remember.

Is there a set amount that we are donating? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Deb

nannie Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 5:33pm
post #78 of 91

I think she had decided, rather than post her Paypal info, she'd prefer people contact her individually. This was before the site problems yesterday. icon_cry.gif

So until we hear that she's able to access the site, PM me and I'll pass her email address on, then you can "talk" to her yourselves and she'll take you thru the process.

I'm not a Paypal expert, used it once with ebay but it was very easy to send her the money and it went thru my credit card

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:16pm
post #79 of 91

Looks like she's back on today.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6317250#6317250

I think a lot of us had the same problem yesterday, but I hope it's been fixed for good...

nannie Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:49pm
post #80 of 91

okey dokey

glad to see she's up and running.

Pleae PM her directly from now on.

kakeladi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:14pm
post #81 of 91

I don't think the rules will let me post my e-mail addy.
I don't want to get into any more problems icon_smile.gif
Please do contact me via pm and I'll give you the info.
Lynne/kakeladi

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:18am
post #82 of 91

Lynn,
May I suggest that you place your e-mail address in your profile. Only members can access it and that would keep from having to go back and forth with pms and e-mails. Just a suggestion.

Linda

kakeladi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:04am
post #83 of 91

My e-mail info is in my profile.
I'm going to post it here and hope it doesn't get me into trouble.
kakeladi at yahoo dot com

kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:37pm
post #84 of 91

Important new info for all

My e-mail has been compromised icon_sad.gif DO NOT send any e-mails or PayPal to kakeladi at yahoo dot come I cannot acces the account. If you have sent me any messages OR PayPal within the past week I will not be able to get to it icon_sad.gif
Here is a new e-mail: kake1adi at verizon dot net
Notice the change - a #1 instead of the 'L' in kakeladi

He is gone. Left Sunday a.m. I am a basket case icon_sad.gif

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:15pm
post #85 of 91

i am so sorry what is happening , same thing happened to my mother my dad got overly obsessed with the computer not the same as your husband but just as bad it just ruined them the love the trust the everything, your going to feel sick nervous anxious like you cant live without him but once u spend a bit by yourself your going to see your life in a whole new light i hope you make it threw this

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:56pm
post #86 of 91

Oh Lynne, I am so sorry for you. Once you start feeling a bit better (and you will. I promise) listen to the song by George Strait "She Let Herself Go". Try to be THAT woman. Strong. Self-confident. Beautiful. You might not feel your "inner fierceness" right now, but you will. don't let your ex define you. Define yourself. And I know it sounds trite, but my girlfriend's grandmother used to say "Put some lipstick on, dear. It will be all right." You'll be okay. I promise.

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:28am
post #87 of 91

I'm so incredibly sorry for what you have been, are, and will go through. I wish I could help. I'll email you with what I can do - just wish it were more. Good luck and hold your head up high - you've done absolutely nothing to be ashamed of!! As they say - fake it til ya make it - fake the confidence and you'll start to feel it.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:44am
post #88 of 91

Lynne,

I just wanted to say how truly sorry I am for what you are going through. I had a bad marriage, and was the first in my family to get divorced, several years ago. After we seperated, I started going to church again, and realized that, through God, I was able to get my life back on track. I am now dating a wonderful Christian (19 months now!) and we are looking at joining our lives before God.

You are in my prayers.

(((((Amy)))))

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 4:16am
post #89 of 91

Lynne,
It is understandable that you feel like a basket case but heres what is good-the worst is behind you.
Hearing those words, going through the decision and letting it happen...its all over and NOW you are ready to begin living for yourself. After giving him 50 years you can give the rest of your life to a far more deserving person-YOU!!
Please do try and get some legal help, I hate that he has left you to fend for yourself, please dont make it so easy for him and then regret it when it is too late. I love you just like the extended family you have here and most importantly, God loves you.
Hugs and baskets of love
Monkess

margaretb Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:48am
post #90 of 91

So are we just contacting kakeladi for paypal info? How does that work? I've only used paypal on ebay and everything is already done and I just have to say ok ok ok ok.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%