Strawberry Shortcake

Decorating By 2cakes Updated 18 Aug 2005 , 5:12pm by 2cakes

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, I need to know if it is ok to make a dim on the bottom layer of a 9 inch cake using marshmellow fluff before putting the strawberry filling. I am going to use a strawberry glaze first then form a dim around outter edge of cake, then the filling and a little of whipped cream which I made to cover entire second layer top and sides and base. I am also going to put some strawberry glaze on top of whipped cream and tomorrow top it off with whole strawberries. I just did not want to use buttercream icing, but if I have to, then I will. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

4 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 12:38am
post #2 of 5

Well honestly the reason you would use the dam would to prevent anything from oozing out of the sides when you put your top layer on it. So I would do the dam first then add any and all fillings. GOOD LUCK and by the way this sounds yummy!! Don't forget to post your pic!

2cakes Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 5:13am
post #3 of 5

Thanks briansbaker. The cake came out pretty good, except that I got too carry away and put too much filling on the first layer that it started oozing on the sides, but I patch it up real quick and you can't even tell where it started oozing. I'll do the finishing touch tomorrow and take pictures with my disposable digital camera and I'll post them. I'll have to do another post for how post pictures. I have a few more pictures left to take and when they get develop, I'll post pics. Thanks again briansbaker. Have a good one. icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 5:27am
post #4 of 5

Oh, that sounds sooooooo good!! I love marshmello's!! Can't wait to see your creation!

2cakes Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks tc, but guess what, I forgot to take pictures of the cake icon_cry.gif , cause I had to rush out for volunteer, but I'll still have some filling left over, just have to make cake and icing again and maybe get some more strawberries, but this time I will definitely take pictures. I'll put a note on frige to remind myself. There was no trace of oozing of filling, which I am very happy about. icon_smile.gif Have a nice one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%