5 Petal Rose Cutter

Decorating By danzergurl00 Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 4:33pm by danzergurl00

danzergurl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danzergurl00 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone! I need a 5 petal rose cutter for a cake i'm baking next week. I can't seem to find one at Michaels. Any other ideas of stores that may have one. I'm not sure I have time to order online..and shipping is crazy expensive! Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:33am
post #2 of 11

Where are you located? I *think* I have one........

danzergurl00 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:05am
post #3 of 11

Thanks for your response! i'm in Dallas...what about you? I looked at Hobby Lobby tonight and couldn't find one.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:13am
post #4 of 11

I'm in Northern IN; I doubt it would reach you in time......ssorryicon_sad.gif

The only place you would find one is a cake supply shop. HL & Michael's won't have them.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:17am
post #5 of 11

Some of the most amazingly talented local cake decorators around here use the Wilton 6-petal blossom cutters for roses. I've seen them done with these cutters at various Days of Sharing and they turn out lovely. The plus side is that they are cheap and available at Michael's.

Link to Wilton site: http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E316CA3-475A-BAC0-5ED5234A8199181B&fid=3E32EC3F-475A-BAC0-5A1725AF51DB9542

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 8:21am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Some of the most amazingly talented local cake decorators around here use the Wilton 6-petal blossom cutters for roses. I've seen them done with these cutters at various Days of Sharing and they turn out lovely. The plus side is that they are cheap and available at Michael's.

Link to Wilton site: http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E316CA3-475A-BAC0-5ED5234A8199181B&fid=3E32EC3F-475A-BAC0-5A1725AF51DB9542

I cant get a 5 petal cutter here in canada and I was wonder about these wilton cutters...do you know how to use them to make 3D fondant roses?
Thanks

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 8:57am
post #7 of 11

I don't know about the 3D fondant roses, but I have the cutters that came in the Wilton kit at Michaels in Canada called the step savin rose bouquet flower cutter set. You just snip in between the petals to make it so you can shape them. It was a little expensive but the six petal cutters would work the same way I guess.
Here is the link and I hope it works!

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30B2AA-475A-BAC0-5C085955AF262FBF&fid=3E32BCD2-475A-BAC0-57C2ACD0ABBC4289

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 9:58am
post #8 of 11

I have used the 6 petal cutter before and you cut out the fondant or gumpaste, then place it on the thin foam and thin and ruffle the edges with the ball side of the ball too. Then use the side of your spatula or embosser and cut between the petals some, not all the way to the center. Then you place the toothpick with the tear drop of the fondant and gumpaste through the center and arrange the petals however you like. you keep going until it is as full as you would like. Hope that helps.

Sarah

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 1:50pm
post #9 of 11

I am in the DFW area. Try "The Cake Carousel" in north Dallas or "Elizabeth's" cake shop in Euless just southwest of the airport off of 183. I would call them first but they both carry a great variety of professional cake decorating supplies. Much better than Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
Hope this helps. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:25pm
post #10 of 11

im pretty sure i read something about being able to use a cutter with an extra petal, and when you cut your flower, you can just remove the extra one, and reshape it so it sits better, and looks like a normal 5 petal would.
xx

danzergurl00 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:33pm
post #11 of 11

Thank you all so much for your help! and thank you ALVARGA...i will try those dfw places that you mentioned. I actrually work in north dallas and live near euless ...so that will be great! icon_smile.gif
I noticed that Micaels and Hobby Lobby have pretty much the same stuff.
I can't wait to get started on this cake for my hubby! I'm also making a razorback cake in 2 weeks for my FIL! I will post pics of them when i finish. Thanks again everyone for being to helpful. i LOVE this site!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%