post #91 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailsgoodies

Anybody...Bueller, Bueller....? Image

icon_cry.gif

That's how I do it!

Where do you guys find those emoticons?!?! I want some!

This is a good spot!

http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/our-favourite/

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:41am
post #92 of 377

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:41am
post #93 of 377
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Quote:

Anybody...Bueller, Bueller....? Image

icon_cry.gif

That's how I do it!

Where do you guys find those emoticons?!?! I want some!

This is a good spot!

http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/our-favourite/

Awesome! Image

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:42am
post #94 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyjuju

Why didn't my kitchen come with one of those?

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:45am
post #95 of 377
Quote:

Oh baby! He can cook for me anytime!! Image

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:45am
post #96 of 377

He came with the apron, not the kitchen.

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:46am
post #97 of 377
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

I can never tell if I am simplifying enough, as I tend to be too thorough. As a high school assignment on "thoroughness", I once wrote a three page paper instructing people how to make a peanut butter an jelly sandwich. Instead of "open jar" I wrote "With your left hand holding the jar tightly, place your right hand on top of the lid with fingers grasping the sides of the lid. Gripping tightly, twist the lid to the left until the lid is loose enough to lift off the jar. Place lid on table and use right hand to pick up spoon." etc. I was the only one who got an A.

Usually it comes from having kids (especially BOYS!). As Bill Cosby pointed out you have to detail EVERYTHING you want them to do. Can't just be "Go take a shower". It has to be go into the bathroom and turn on the hot AND cold water, then take off your clothes and get in the shower, turn the handle on the bathtub to make it go through the shower...well you get the idea! Can you tell I had 3 boys? They are now 29, 28 and 27. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Not to pick on the men but I thought it was just my boys like that. Ha! It's all males. icon_lol.gif Should've known better. My oldest DD loves it when I say that men are just boys in bigger bodies. It cracks her up.

gailsgoodies Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:51am
post #98 of 377

Ok all, I'm off to bed Image

Got to get up early and go have back surgery. Behave while I'm gone!

Oh, by the way here's another link for some great emoticons:

http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1240_sleeping.gif

Image See you tomorrow!

spencersmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spencersmom98 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:55am
post #99 of 377
Quote:

Image See you tomorrow!

Good luck on your back surgery!

gailsgoodies Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:57am
post #100 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysoco

Quote:

Quote:

I can never tell if I am simplifying enough, as I tend to be too thorough. As a high school assignment on "thoroughness", I once wrote a three page paper instructing people how to make a peanut butter an jelly sandwich. Instead of "open jar" I wrote "With your left hand holding the jar tightly, place your right hand on top of the lid with fingers grasping the sides of the lid. Gripping tightly, twist the lid to the left until the lid is loose enough to lift off the jar. Place lid on table and use right hand to pick up spoon." etc. I was the only one who got an A.

Usually it comes from having kids (especially BOYS!). As Bill Cosby pointed out you have to detail EVERYTHING you want them to do. Can't just be "Go take a shower". It has to be go into the bathroom and turn on the hot AND cold water, then take off your clothes and get in the shower, turn the handle on the bathtub to make it go through the shower...well you get the idea! Can you tell I had 3 boys? They are now 29, 28 and 27. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Not to pick on the men but I thought it was just my boys like that. Ha! It's all males. icon_lol.gif Should've known better. My oldest DD loves it when I say that men are just boys in bigger bodies. It cracks her up.

Ok, one more post. thumbs_up.gif

My favorite saying (said while clapping my hands together and VERY sarcastically!) is

"Boys...they have one brain cell running around in their head, TRYING to form a thought!!"

"And they don't get another brain cell until they reach AT LEAST 35!!!"

Night now, icon_lol.gif
Gail

P.S. Thanks, spencersmom98

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:05am
post #101 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomitoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell22

I'm with you on Dave Matthews Lani. Ever seen him live? btw, I love your avatar..that's the little guy from the Manamana song on the muppets isn't it?

Animal Rocks!!!!!

LOVE Animal! I've started pulling up Muppet Show skits for my kiddos, (gotta teach 'em the classics, no? icon_biggrin.gif ) DS loves Swedish Chef! He walks around saying "Bork, Bork, Bork", and "Chickey-Poo", and wants to make donuts with a shotgun... icon_lol.gif

Waldorf and Statler, hi.la.ri.ous!

We've gotten all three seasons so far on dvd for "the kid" of course. icon_redface.gif My DH and I have always been big muppet fans though. And Waldorf and Statler are some of my heroes!!! icon_biggrin.gif

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:09am
post #102 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

Muppets????

I love that Beaker one!

Did you guys see the Muppets Cake on the Sunday Sweets edition of Cake Wrecks? That cake was the s#!%! (pardon the language, but there is really no better expression describing it. icon_lol.gif )

linky: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/09/sunday-sweets-to-make-henson-proud.html

I SO want to try to make a similar cake to that for DH, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be with my skills for that yet. I'm the type that if one detail made a muppet look wrong I'd hate it. Image And I'm so gonna use these smileys as much as possible now.

SweetResults Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:13am
post #103 of 377

YAY! No school tomorrow - we are sleeping in! So I am off to bed, don't expect to see me up early.

Gail - good luck on your surgery!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:23am
post #104 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

Dkelly...I'll be glad to, if you want to pm me your e-mail. I can't attach anything through the email here. Or, you can right click on my avatar, then do save picture as, and save it to your computer. Then you can save it as your avatar too!

Jodie

I did it on the first try.[img]Image[/img] Thank you Jodie for all your great tech support and the cool avator!

Just one question.........why do I get IMG showing before and after my little emoticons?

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:24am
post #105 of 377

Well, look who I found in my bedroom...Wentworth and I go way back, haha, Edna can't have all the fun!!!

BTW, this thread is making my husband jealous. icon_wink.gif
LL
LL

Deb_ Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:34am
post #106 of 377
Quote:

Image See you tomorrow!

Good luck gail thumbs_up.gif [img]Image[/img]

Carson Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:34am
post #107 of 377

Did I pass?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:38am
post #108 of 377
Quote:

Yumm.....I need to kiss the cook!...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:41am
post #109 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Can't even believe no one has posted my sweetheart yet!!

Carson Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:42am
post #110 of 377

tonedna Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:45am
post #111 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

Well, look who I found in my bedroom...Wentworth and I go way back, haha, Edna can't have all the fun!!!

BTW, this thread is making my husband jealous. icon_wink.gif

What do you mean I can't have all the fun!...

tonedna Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:47am
post #112 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

That reminds me of chocolate man!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Deb_ Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:52am
post #113 of 377

[img]Image[/img]Well ladies it's almost midnight and I have to work in the morning icon_sad.gif . Hopefully our west coast friends will keep this going while we get our beauty sleep. It's been fun, see ya in the morning!
Goodnight[img]Image[/img]

Deb~

SweetResults Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:58am
post #114 of 377

A Doctor was addressing a large audience:

"The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. High fat diets can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long- term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water. But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have, or will, eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?" After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old man in the front row raised his hand, and softly said, "Wedding Cake."

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:18am
post #115 of 377
Quote:

"......But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have, or will, eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?" After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old man in the front row raised his hand, and softly said, "Wedding Cake."

ImageImageImage---- - - -........... Image

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:25am
post #116 of 377

icon_confused.gif I was going to post again in the other one but it was locked !! & my computer is lagging now,it's taking ages to read this one !!

Oh well, my boyfriends are home now....better get the laundry on !

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:29am
post #117 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI

Quote:

"......But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have, or will, eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?" After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old man in the front row raised his hand, and softly said, "Wedding Cake."

ImageImageImage---- - - -........... Image

This is funny!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jules06 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:29am
post #118 of 377
Quote:

Quote:

Oh Gail ! That's what I'm doing wrong !!!

jules06 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:31am
post #119 of 377
Quote:

That's me in my kitchen btw.

Wow !! we must be twins !! ( apologies if you have other twins 'cos I'm jumping ahead here !! )

tonedna Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:33am
post #120 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules06

icon_confused.gif I was going to post again in the other one but it was locked !! & my computer is lagging now,it's taking ages to read this one !!

Oh well, my boyfriends are home now....better get the laundry on !

Thats a lot of laundry you got going on there!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%