Cooling Ultimate Cheese Cake

Decorating By keyshia Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 2:35am by keyshia

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 8

Hey all, I got a recipe (submitted by newlywedws) called Ultimate cheesecake. I remember reading on here a while back about leaving a cheesecake in the oven to cool (with the oven off) This recipe does not say one way or the other it just says to cool...so do I leave it in the oven to cool or do I take it out when it's done cooking at 200 degrees? It's already into the cooking phase, so if anyone has advice soon...I'd more than appreciate it! icon_smile.gif

Thanks
Keyshia

7 replies
Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 8

When your cooking time is done, turn off the oven and let the cheesecake rest and cool as the oven cools, at least 5-6 hours. In the last 20-30 minutes of cooking I always cover the pie with aluminum to prevent it getting overbrowned, as well.

Enjoy!!

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 8

I always take my cheesecakes out of the oven when done and let them sit on the cooling rack for 2 hours with absolutely NO movement!!! Then they go right into the refrigerator for at least one more hour.

HTH

Kathy

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 8

Yeah, let it cool in the oven. I would stick a wooden spoon to prop the door a bit. Let it cool 1 hour in the oven. Then let cool on a rack to room temperature. After that, cover the cheesecake with a clean dish towel and then refrigerate overnight. The towel prevents condensation from dripping onto the cake.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysmom

Yeah, let it cool in the oven. I would stick a wooden spoon to prop the door a bit. Let it cool 1 hour in the oven. Then let cool on a rack to room temperature. After that, cover the cheesecake with a clean dish towel and then refrigerate overnight. The towel prevents condensation from dripping onto the cake.

This is what I do except that I run a knife around the inside of the pan before it goes into the refrigerator. The cheesecake will shrink slightly as it cools so it needs to be loosened from the pan so it won't crack. icon_biggrin.gif

keyshia Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 12:34am
post #6 of 8

You guys are awesome...thanks for the info! It's my first cheesecake and it's just for our family (me, dh and the kids)...so it's not like we WON'T eat cheese cake if it's cracked. icon_smile.gif I'll be giving some to my neighbor though as this weekend I've made chocolate cupcakes with white chocolate ganache, the cheesecake and I'm getting ready to try Raquel1's suggestion of putting a sugar cookie between two cakes...I want to take a cake to the doc's office and thought the sugar cookie would be cool, but don't want to take it w/o having tried it first. icon_wink.gif

Keyshia

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:00am
post #7 of 8

We make cheesecakes all the time. We cook them at 350 degrees for one hour, pull them to a wire rack to cool for 1-2 hours, use a knife to cut edges from sides of pan, cover in plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight, and when we return from work the next afternoon, we crack open the ring and remove to a cardboard cake base to deliver to our customers.

Paul & Peter

keyshia Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:35am
post #8 of 8

Thank you all for the wonderful info. icon_smile.gif I did do as suggested by cracking the oven door for an hour and then moving to a cooling rack for about 2 hrs. I ran the oven around the sides and have put it into the fridge. So far no crack...hopefully it stays that way. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%