Who Has A Great Hubby?

Decorating By akgirl10 Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 11:04pm by BlakesCakes

marcimang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marcimang Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:18am
post #31 of 69

My husband just returned froma 15 month deployment to Iraq. This was his third tour there> We are so blessed to have him home with us again, a real answer to prayer.
A funny story of his greatness- I was asked to do a cake for the Commanding General of our post and it needed to be delivered, so to save on gas I asked hubby to deliver it. The wife would not be home so he was to use the service enterance and leave it on the table.
So in uniform he goes over to the house to deliver and goes inside to make a quick drop off- much to his dismay the CG was still home and eating breakfast at the table- He could have killed me, but he smiled and made the best of it. Not many cake delivering, airborne, Gun toting first Sgts!!! I love that man....

Ximenilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ximenilla Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:19am
post #32 of 69

My dear husband is extremely considerate with me. He always cleans up after me. Everysingle day after work he helps me a lot. He cleans the bathrooms, brooms the whole house washes the dishes by hand......and he even changes the toilet paper.......
He is a blessing in my life and I love him dearly.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:21am
post #33 of 69

My husband is great as well, he is a firefighter and he also has a part time job, sometimes working 36hrs straight to give me and the kids a good life. He is so sweet with our 2 little girls, his face lights up whenever they are around him. He is so supportive of me and would back me up in anything I do. He has always said how beautiful I am even when I know it can't be true icon_rolleyes.gif He also says he loves me all the time, he is so cute and this is why I love the man icon_smile.gif

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:22am
post #34 of 69

I have to say that I have the BESTEST husband ever. He's a chief in the Navy and he works every hard. He leaves home @ 4:30 and gets home @ six. I'm glad to say that he's put in almost 22 yrs. He will retire in 2009.
He is awesome. He lets me do whatever I want. He loves the idea that I bake. He gets to sample the goodies. He supports me 100% in whatever I do. I'm getting my kitchen inspected 9/25 and he is very supportive of that. We had to kick his dog out. A man and his dog. He's got to love me.
He is great. I love him!!!!!
Stephanie

washipaper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
washipaper Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:41am
post #35 of 69

My husband is like Wildrose's. "Whatever you want baby!" We are days away from the completion of a gut and remodel to our kitchen. The start date was July 7th and they said 45 days. Silly me didn't realize that meant work days not actual days. Anyway, back to great husband. Cakes are just a hobby for me right now, in fact I haven't made a cake since February 2007 (I just finished nursing school a week ago.) But, in anticipation of getting back to the hobby I enjoy, as part of the remodel he agreed (I say it that way because it is a hobby and he has been working two jobs for the last few years while I was in school) to having an entire area of the kitchen devoted to all of my collected cake gadgets, pans, etc. We filled an entire wall with cabinets - three big drawers, six large upper and six large lower cabinets.

He is a great guy who works hard for the family. I make very sure I don't take advantage of his generosity.

Hopefully, soon I will be back to making cakes in my new space - need to pass that NCLEX first.

Joan

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:42am
post #36 of 69

awww... all of you are so lucky! I hope that one day I can be just as lucky! I do not have a DH, but I do have the most wonderful boyfriend of 3 years who has always been there for me. He is the brains behind the operation, i just make the cakes. He made my website/portfolio/blog and my business cards/post cards. He helps me with my deliveries. When I had my biggest tragedy yet, he helped me reconstruct an entire wedding cake to serve 120 guests 2 hours before the reception (and it was an hour away!).

I dont know what I would do without him! Thanks babe!

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:28am
post #37 of 69

I am writing this under duress icon_biggrin.gif - DH and I are sitting in our truck in our driveway listening to the football game (powers out thanks to IKE) - and he sees this thread and asks me did I post.

He does many of the great things you guys have mentioned but I must say the best thing he does is put up with me and lets me be myself! I can be difficult icon_redface.gif and he just grins and bears it. If I said lets move to Kuala Lumpar tomorrow he'd say ok.

I think I'll keep him.

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:33am
post #38 of 69

Speaking of wonderful hubby's, I had a heck of a week this week. 4 wedding cakes, one Friday and 3 Saturday. Worked at the shop until midnight Friday night then back at it bright and early Saturday. Hubby came and did dishes, even washed the tips...........(my least favorite) and put dragees on one of the cakes and delivered one while I worked on the other 2. When he came back after delivery, helped me deliver the other 2 and took me out for a nice dinner (and a drink that I needed badly)

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:34am
post #39 of 69
Quote:
Quote:

I am writing this under duress - DH and I are sitting in our truck in our driveway listening to the football game (powers out thanks to IKE) - and he sees this thread and asks me did I post.

He does many of the great things you guys have mentioned but I must say the best thing he does is put up with me and lets me be myself! I can be difficult and he just grins and bears it. If I said lets move to Kuala Lumpar tomorrow he'd say ok.

I think I'll keep him.

I am the same way. My husband is definitly the most patient person I have ever met. I feel bad sometimes because he pretty much lets me do what I want. I love the way he is with me. Since I had surgery last year he does almost everything for me. Whenever I try to do something he gets in front of me to do it so that I don't have to bend over, twist, or pick anything heavy up. He lets me take the remote to watch anything cake or cooking related and he helps me with the laundry and all other things around the house. Between the massages and the just because kisses I feel like I am living in a fantasy. I haven't been the nicest person in the world and I have a really nice, humble, sweet, strong, and sexy husband (he doesn't believe me). I am very thankful for him and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. I met him in the military so it was easy for me to pick out the best of the bunch, which he still doesn't understand why. He is my best friend, among other things icon_wink.gif and I feel like sometimes just by looking at each other we know what is being said. I love him!!! I'm in love!!! icon_biggrin.gif

marcimang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marcimang Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:20am
post #40 of 69

While I was writing my post last night my hubby was on his way to pick up our daughter from church. My phone rang and it was a police officer to tell me he was involved in a car accident- he is ok.
What a reminder that in an instant everything can change, what a blessing that he is okay, his truck, well that is another story- but it is only a truck.
This is a wake up call to me, tell him everyday I appreciate him.

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:25pm
post #41 of 69

marcimang - that is great news. God is faithful ! I would say God is good, but that statement doesn't even scratch the surface! I'm glad that all is well, and yes that truck is just a big box of metal glass and rubber....lol I have to remind myself of things like that, in college I had a friend who had some money issues and whenever she would stress out her wonderful boyfriend would say "Why are you worried about shiny rocks?" (talking about money used to be based on gold..) It helps me put things into perspective. Have a good day!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:11pm
post #42 of 69

I am very lucky too. My DH is in the Navy. He just rolls with the ups and downs and I love him more for that than anything. He can make me laugh, even when I am mad at him. heheee princess.gif

snns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snns Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:43pm
post #43 of 69

newbie here ,but I have to reply to this post..
that chocolate cake was my first order so I was thrilled but no sooner I was freaking out ,..
made the frosting ..tried applying on the cake, it was too thick. I couldn't spread I just left the Spatula..and he just took over see the result pls.
I have no words to explain about our life other than cake life.
God is so Gracious enough to give me a man like him.
LL

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:33pm
post #44 of 69

Snns, I'm impressed with his icing job! You are lucky!

My sweet boyfriend, two years ago made me a birthday cake. it was a box mix. He couldn't figure out how to ice it, so he microwaved some canned frosting and poured it over the cake. Then he covered it in sprinkles. He delivered it to my college and served it in the cafeteria to me and my Culinary friends! The cake looked hideous, but all of my girlfriends kept telling me how lucky I am to have such a sweet guy. And they're right icon_smile.gif I can only hope one day he can be my DH!

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:32am
post #45 of 69

My hubby's awesome too!! He's the most kind and generous person in the world!!!

My birthday was sunday and when I woke up right away my hubby asked..."So do you want your presents??"

dunce.gif DUH!! Of course I want my presents!!!

He bought me a fondant ribbon cutter, a gumpaste and fondant flower tool kit, the giant cupcake pan and a tool caddy for all my new gadgets! Oh and he got me Edward Scissorhands...one of the best movies ever!!!

I love him so much and it was the best birthday ever!!

It's nice when you have someone love you as much as you love them!

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:42am
post #46 of 69

I love this thread! In my original post I forgot to mention that my DH and I got together when my oldest son was just 3 years old. My husband is a 6'7" linebacker-looking guy from the Bahamas and he's black. My son is white with blonde hair and blue eyes. To see these two together has always made my heart melt. My son will be 19 yrs old tomorrow and he's away at college now. He and my DH are still just as close and still end every phone call with "I love you". My son says he knows who his father is, but his "Dad" is the man who raised him.

pmaucher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmaucher Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 2:12am
post #47 of 69

My husband is amazing because he got me NERF GUNS. He's always trying to make me laugh (no matter how dumb he looks) and wants to have fun. So we each have 3 guns and run around the house shooting each other. I must say, I am the Champion and can outshoot him anyday. (Just dont tell him I said that).

Its nice to be able to have fun each day with the person you love and laugh until I pee my pants. We sure will have great memories when were old and gray, (and he's in a wheelchair while Im shooting him with my Nerf machine gun icon_lol.gif )

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:18am
post #48 of 69

Ok Im jumpin in here to brag on my hubby! He's the best! We had a flood in our house last year and had to remodle our whole house. One of the first things he thought of was how he could make me a better kitchen for my cakes.. AND HE DID!! I love my new kitchen.. and I love my Wonderful Husband.. Also... At Christmas I have a Gingerbread house day for my customers childeren I have them over for an afternoon of decorating gingerbread houses.. To save time.. I like to have the houses buildt Just look at him.. What a guy... building Gingerbread houses.. 8 of them...! l love my guy!!!
LL

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:26am
post #49 of 69

My husband is INCREDIBLE ~ he is a modern man who cleans, etc.

When I had my daughter (by cesarean - breech baby), he was there holding my hand making sure the staff took the first pics so I wouldn't feel anymore left out than I already did. AND when my vitals dropped two hours later (and I almost died) he was right there - never left the hospital for FOUR days, three nights (except to check on the cat and get us "Subway") He changed her first diapers, because I had the dreaded catheter ~ and he gave the first bath. When I got PPD, he was supportive and made sure I got out of the house, etc. PLUS, he gave me our beautiful daughter.

I LOVE THAT GUY ~ we've been married 10 yrs next month ! icon_smile.gif

pajnpis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pajnpis Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:13am
post #50 of 69

I love my husband. When i was pregnant with our first child, he would take me to the store to get something for me to eat even though it was 3 a.m. (i had morning sickness and could not even eat a thing for 3 month, but he tried feeding me). he also got me a desktop computer, labtop, a digital camera (actually two since the first one broke), and actually buy most of my shoes. now that i'm a cakecentral addict, my dh has been buying cake decorating supplies every now and then to surprise me (we're the first generation of the Hmong people living in the U.S., so baking is new to me).

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 8:32pm
post #51 of 69

I have great Wife. She encourages me in everything that I do. She gives me honest criticism for every cake that I make. When I've had a rough day at work and then have to make a cake for a customer, she ALWAYS insists on cleaning so I can rest when done. She's Amazing. On top of all that - she doesn't mind me watching soooo much football when I'm not delivering cakes!!!! icon_cool.gif

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 12:53am
post #52 of 69

You are all soooo lucky to have such wonderful husbands / wives !!!
I don't have a dh or boyfriend in my life...but I really wish I did icon_cry.gif
It would be great to have that support

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 11:19pm
post #53 of 69

Want to know what I love the most about my hubby? That he didn't try to stop me when I left his sorry behind 4 years ago. icon_smile.gif

jbart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbart Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:29am
post #54 of 69

I have the best hubby! He is going to keep the 4 kids so I can go to volunteer at the sugar art show next weekend. I have the best family too. they let me make all of the cakes I want and don't even save me a piece to eat.

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 7:30am
post #55 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleKitten

Want to know what I love the most about my hubby? That he didn't try to stop me when I left his sorry behind 4 years ago. icon_smile.gif

**LMAO!!!** That's the same way I feel about my ex-hubby!

I've lucked out the second time around thankfully. icon_biggrin.gif My boyfriend has been nothing but sweet and supporting the whole time. There are so many cool things about him I can't list them all! One of the best things is that he likes to cook AND he does the dishes afterwards! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

But the truly best part is how he is there for me when I need him. We'd been casually dating for about three months when I got really really sick while we were on a date...like, had to call the paramedics and go to the ER sick. >_> He stayed with me the whole night and called into work the next day to take care of me. He also paid for my medicine which was $60! We weren't even a couple and he still did all of that for me. Needless to say that was the moment I realized that I'd found a keeper. icon_smile.gif I love my guy!

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:43pm
post #56 of 69

My Wife has the best Husband ever!!!

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:04am
post #57 of 69

I love hearing all these stories about great husbands. I always thought I had the best husband. I have been married for 21 years and this man still takes my breath away when he walks in the room. He is so honest, good, and patient. He is in the US Air Force and serving in Iraq right now. He emails me and seems to worry about me more than anything else. He is so wonderful. He also has been the best father to our two sons too!

I am so happy to read all these stories because sometimes people look at me crazy when I tell them I truly still love my husband. usaribbon.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:39pm
post #58 of 69

I have a great husband! Now of course he does have his faults, but his great qualities certainly make up for any short comings. He is helping me to start my cake business but making phone calls, setting up appointments, drawing the constructions plans. He will also construct my new kitchen along with my dad. My dad by the way is also the greatest. He has searched and searched out good deals for me for equipment and picked it up for me. They have been very supportive of me doing this. My DH thinks though, that I will be his "sugar mama." LOL. I told him he better keep his job.

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:13pm
post #59 of 69

I truly love my husband. He is generous, understanding, funny, supportive and loving; just to name a few. We have been married 34 years and I think our love just gets stronger with each passing day. He's always supportive around my cake decorating and anything else I do. I am blessed to have him.
To all of you in the military, may God bless you and keep you all safe from harm. You are special!

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:21pm
post #60 of 69

It is wonderful to hear that in this world of 'temporary marriages' that people still love and appreciate their spouses. I have THE BEST husband. We've been married 30 years and he still tells me how much he loves me every day several times. He washes dishes, vacuums house, helps with dinner and anything else I'm doing he helps. He is very supportive of anything I do-even the cake decorating. He's my best friend and supporter. He too says "what ever pleases you baby". I am truly blessed! What says it all is when our oldest son (my stepson)recently told someone in the family that his father was the person he wanted to be when he 'grows up' (he's in his 40's!) To me that says a lot!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%