Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 4:56pm by leah_s

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:12am
post #31 of 83

IF glass is falling let it fall! I know a girl whos hand got almost off ( just a piece of flesh held it on) but she almost died! LET IT BREAK

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:12am
post #32 of 83

lilahcakes - if you are up for experimenting (once you get really comfortable with the "consistencies" that you need to make BC flowers etc, try some of the Crusting Buttercream recipes here on CC. They will work for your classes.

Gotta go its midnight here and I kept my schedule clear for tomorrow...my lil guy (4yrs old) has his first Soccer game tomorrow morning. He fell asleep on the couch in his Spider man pajamas and a Starbucks coffee sleeve as a bracelet. Priceless.

lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:14am
post #33 of 83

soap thats a good idea!

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:14am
post #34 of 83

Hi, I'm not baking tonight. But I did have my first attempt with fondant tonight making roses. It was loads of fun trying to fight off my three year old son with one hand and make them with the other. Then I made him tear up when I yelled at him for attempting to grab them when I ran for my camera! lol so I soothed him, gave him a royal icing flower i had stored, clicked my pics and now im just on checking out the site. I'm pretty new here and there is soo much to take in. I'd also like the recipe for those creamsicle cupcakes please.

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:17am
post #35 of 83

Here I am! I'm here, I'm here! I only have about 7 birthday cakes for tomorrow - I am working on a Thomas the Train cake right now. Took it a little easy on the orders this week, had a big company that has order 84 dozen iced cookies for sunday so I will be working on those all day tomorrow i'm sure. Thank God however, that I have no weddings this weekend WOOHOO!

lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:18am
post #36 of 83

Thanks for the tip wrightway777 , Nite

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:19am
post #37 of 83

Texas_Rose - had to add one more thing before I get to bed. I would do it myself too! But....Order this:
http://www.egeneralmedical.com/mme-82762.html

you may find a quicker shipper if you google "medical staple remover." I wouldnt chance the other way - esp with the way your luck has been running today. icon_wink.gif

lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:20am
post #38 of 83

I have a 9 month old night owl who is now going BUCK WILD , so I gotta go for now.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:22am
post #39 of 83

I've lost 19 pounds since I stopped sampling so many of my wares! Only 16 to go. I wonder how many cake projects that equates to?!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:22am
post #40 of 83

Thanks, wrightway777! I have 7 to 10 days to figure something out icon_lol.gif so I bet I can find a place that can ship that fast.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:23am
post #41 of 83

I'm here too - but I'm heading to bed.

I've made Petit Fours tonight for an early pickup. Then I made the buttercream I need for 3 cakes to decorate tomorrow. Cake boards are ready. So I can get right on those tomorrow morning and hopefully be done by noon! LOL!!

Good luck to all tonight - tdybear - I don't know how you do it week after week! I iced and decorated 6 dozen cookies and baked and decorated 4 dozen cupcakes last night and I was totally pooped!! I'm not very quick decorating the cookies yet and I think I stress too much over them and that is what tires me out.

See you next Friday!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:31am
post #42 of 83

tdybear, you are amazing. I had to read that (84 dozen) three times for it to sink in. that's a lot of cookies!

Where's Pink and KoryAK? They're almost always here.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:33am
post #43 of 83

Hi gang. Haven't been doing much baking lately on Friday night. But tonight I finished my DH's birthday cake. Tried some new things. Turtle brownie cake and my first attempt at the Lambeth Method. Def not compitition quality but I am happy with the final result. Of course, DH, came in and said I forgot to write HAPPY BIRTHDAY on it. Geeeez, men! Will take pics tomorrow when there is good lighting.

Texas_Rose, sorry about your leg. But Happy Birthday!

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:37am
post #44 of 83

I just finished putting groceries away. I went to costco today!! No bettercrme though icon_cry.gif I made some cake truffles for a class presentation on Monday. They are in the freezer ready to be dipped Sunday night.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:40am
post #45 of 83

Texas I am so sorry ((HUGS)) To You

Molly icon_sad.gif

PollyMaggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PollyMaggs Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:42am
post #46 of 83

Hi all, I'm not baking tonight, but I cant sleep either. I had a 4 tier (6-8-10-12) cake scheduled for this Sunday...I did all the baking, torting and filling Thursday using a generator because we had no power from the hurricane, I put them in the freezer. Then I get a phone call letting me know the party was rescheduled for the 21st. I am soo worried...Will they last in the freezer until then? They are triple wrapped in seran wrap. Do I have to do anything special to them? Will they survive? Please give me good news so I can get some sleep...lol
Thanks,
Polly

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:51am
post #47 of 83

Wow it is a busy night tonight. I did my baking this morning, but it was only banana bread for a dessert party tomorrow.

Texas- you are killing me on 2 levels..taking out your own staples...OM goodness I just couldn't imagine.

Polly- talk of the hurricanes scare me so I am glad to hear that your power only went out.

I actually had to do the math for the 84 dozen cookies for it to sink in. Holy moly...that is a lot of cookies.

Now I am sitting here trying to plan out my daughter's 5th birthday cake, the RI tiara has me kinda paranoid.

Shannie

Babygirlx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babygirlx Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:54am
post #48 of 83

Thank you Leah for the advice. I actually feel better now that I talked and got a reply as well as I took a break. Its good to know there is someone out there at times like this. All I have is my kids so its good to conversate with adults some times but especially cake lovers like myself. This friday nite club is the bomb because I needed it so much tonite and it helps to have encouragement. Thanks again Leah. You are a wonderful mentor. Im going to try it again now.

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:56am
post #49 of 83

yeah, I finally finished baking all those little monsters. I am trying to finish up all the cakes tonight so that I can just work on the cookies tomorrow. I think it is looking good so far but I hate to think that because something always comes up haha

leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:58am
post #50 of 83

Polly, your cakes will be fine in the freezer.

PollyMaggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PollyMaggs Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:07am
post #51 of 83

Thanks Shannie I too am glad loosing power was the worst of my worries, it was a pain though baking in a 90 degree kitchen...lol
And Thanks to you too Leah That makes me feel much better. I would hate to have to do that all over again, now all I have to do is keep my DH away from the freezer...lol

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:14am
post #52 of 83

Hi! I'm in the midst pf making a baby shower basket cake. Playing around with the MM fondant sculpting the baby items. I came on to look for the onsie template and found this thread. I had no idea this club exhisted... how fun!

Does anyone else love watching Jay Leno and Conan while decorating as much as I do?

Babygirlx Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:16am
post #53 of 83

Did anyone see the " vote" cookies on the home page earlier? They were blue, red and white and had an assortment. One recangle said "votte". I cant remember what the others were. I cant find it and when I hit the wrong key earlier, it changed pics on me.
Just wondering. I think everyone should vote the republicans out so I wanted to change that general idea a lil to make it my own and give credit to the member.

tonia3604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia3604 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:18am
post #54 of 83

Hi everyone! I'm not baking tonight either, but can't sleep as usual. I am usually dead tired til my kids go to bed and then I'm wide awake. I guess its just the only time I have to myself.

Babygirlx...I'm so sorry you are having a rough night! I completely understand the overwhelmed feeling. I have 4 kids and the youngest is 3. She is used to having my full attention and when i get into my cake decorating zone she is starved for attention. She always wants to be held and its tough. Especially when what I am doing is not going right. It seems though, even my cakes that really stress me out and I think are disasters at 2am turn out fine in the end. I am really bad about staying up all night to finish a cake instead of going to bed at a decent hour and finishing the next day. I worry that if something goes wrong I won't have time the next day to fix it or start all over! Anyway, glad to hear you feel a little better.

Babygirlx Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:24am
post #55 of 83

Thank you Tonia.
Always good to hear I am not the "only one." I have 4 as well but my oldest ones dont really botther me. My youngest is 4 and she wants wants and wants more. I feel bad by ignoring her but when things are going wrong, I am in a panic state. To avoid yelling, I just try not to talk at all.
On my way to the store to make more mmf. Of course to add to everything, I ran out. I dont have time to let it rest. Hope it will be ok putting on right away. Has anyone ever made it and covered a cake right away?

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:24am
post #56 of 83

glad to know im not the only 'midnight baker'. thats what my mom always calls me because the only time i can really concentrate on it is when my son is in bed so im up all night long.

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:25am
post #57 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by imakecakes

Hi! I'm in the midst pf making a baby shower basket cake. Playing around with the MM fondant sculpting the baby items. I came on to look for the onsie template and found this thread. I had no idea this club exhisted... how fun!

Does anyone else love watching Jay Leno and Conan while decorating as much as I do?

I DO!!! however the time just flies and before you know it you are listening to the STARSPANGLED BANNER!! HAHAHA! Thats when you know its going to be a very pokey day the next day.. draaaaggggin

leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:26am
post #58 of 83

imakecakes, we're here every Friday night, beginning some time close to 11:00 p.m. EST. With so manay of us working, someone always hits some question and needs an answer right away. Or we just chat. whatever.

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:26am
post #59 of 83

Yep babygirlx.. I make it and use it! never had a problem yet.. icon_wink.gif

tonia3604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia3604 Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:29am
post #60 of 83

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having to go to the store at 2am! I swear no matter how much I plan in advance I forget or run out of something every time!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%