Teacups On A Cupcake?how Do I Make Them???

Decorating By CelebrationCakery Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 12:46am by ceshell

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:08pm
post #1 of 11

I saw a beautiful picture online this week with a teapot and teacup on a cupcake and I have made my teapots but I am stumped on how to make the teacups???? I would love to know how to make tiny little teacups with a saucer? Can any explain how to do this???? I have attached a picture to show what I mean...It is from flickr...
LL

10 replies
sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:28pm
post #2 of 11

I don't know but that is a beautiful cupcake!!!

angel951747 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angel951747 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:46pm
post #3 of 11

I have seen it done by using a regular teacup and dusting the inside then putting fondant in the teacup smoothing it, redusting so it doesn't stick, let it dry and take the fondant out of the teacup. Add a handle for the cup. HTH. I get most of my info from books ( still new at decorating)

CelebrationCakery Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 11

Maybe someone will know how to make it small enough to go with the teapot on a cupcake...I will one day make a bigger one though!!!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelebrationCakery

I saw a beautiful picture online this week with a teapot and teacup on a cupcake and I have made my teapots but I am stumped on how to make the teacups???? I would love to know how to make tiny little teacups with a saucer? Can any explain how to do this???? I have attached a picture to show what I mean...It is from flickr...

You can form the cup over the end of the ball tool. Make the handle to proportion and attach it. The base of the cup if there is one can be made on the small end of the ball tool and attach using a small amount of water or royal glue.

The teapot you can roll a ball of fondant or gumpaste and sculpt it from that point then attack the handle and spout.

Paint them and you are done.

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 11

Cake princess... it thought the same thing.... great minds think alike... icon_wink.gif I love all the kindred thinking on CC..

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 11

I'll third that. I made teeny tiny teacups and saucers, and a teapot, for a cake topper, they were quite easy using the techniques Cake Princess just outlined. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=727843 You just make a small sphere out of gp and then tease out the shape w/the ball tool and your fingers.

You've gotta LOVE that little cupcake on top of that cupcake, so cute! thumbs_up.gif

CelebrationCakery Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:01am
post #8 of 11

Thank you all so much...I tried fondant on the ball tool today but I gave up....it wasn't working out for me...I think it was just one of those days where my patience was just running thin....I will try with gumpaste tonight...I will let you know how I make out...Thanks again!

Christian

ceshell Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:13am
post #9 of 11

Definitely gumpaste, fondant would be soo tough to do for that, it's not....well....gummy enough! Or use gumtex in your fondant, actually I think that's what I did with mine, come to think of it I don't believe I had gumpaste on hand for that cake.

Chelle06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chelle06 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:25am
post #10 of 11

there's a video on youtube by aine2 that shows a little cup and saucer with some toast... it's so cute and she makes it look so easy! HTH

ceshell Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:46am
post #11 of 11

I *heart* aine2! I didn't know she did a tutorial for that. She is the best. Just found the link, to make it easy for you to get to

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%