Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:46am
post #1051 of 1317

Yup..I agree thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 3:14am
post #1052 of 1317

Thanks Melvira
I will definitely have to try those toppings. They sound sinfully delicious.
Sorry it took me so long to get back, my 3mo. old grandson has double ear infections, and so of course I had to go see him. Its been a bad week for my grandchildren. My 2 year old grandaughter fell Saturday night and wound up cutting the side of face, right along the cheekbone, and she had to have a plastic surgeon stitch her poor little face. Anyway, I'm going to make some ice cream cone cupcakes with bettercreme topping. That should make her feel better. Any flavor suggestions?

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:39pm
post #1053 of 1317

Oh, that's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear that. I have a 5 and 2 year old and they are like PROFESSIONALS at getting scraped and bruised! Boys!?!

Kids love cotton candy! You know what is a real kid pleaser... confetti cupcakes (just white cake with some sort of sprinkle mixed in the batter) and Bettercreme flavored with LorAnn cotton candy. If you don't have the cotton candy, then really anything works. But, if you have someone who likes chocolate... you can't beat the chocolate malt! Devil's Food cuppies with chocolate malted Bettercreme. AMAZING!!!

iluvpeeks Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 8:22pm
post #1054 of 1317

Hi Melvira
Yup boys are something else. My children are adults now (4) and my two sons were, and still are a pain in my a**. They were also getting hurt. Thank God my two daughters were almost too good! I have 5 grandchildren, 1 girl and 4 boys, and my grandaughter is the bad one. We think she's part monkey, but I told my son it was Gods way of paying him back! lol. Anyway, I am going to have to order some LorAnn. I know they would love the cotton candy. Believe it or not, I did make them the confetti cupcakes (box mix), and they didn't like it! They like the cupcakes either chocolate or vanilla, filled with marshmallow fluff. It is good. I think I'm going to make them some chocolate and some Orange Dreamsicle with bettercreme. They can be my taste testers.
Kathy

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 3:22pm
post #1055 of 1317

Hi,

I have access to bettercreme at a bakers supply not too far from my house. The only problem is that they sell the big container of it. If I open it and pre measure 2 cup servings and put them in separate containers can they be breezed? Can I take them out and thaw them as needed? Do I whip before freezing?

The carton say's to refrigerate after opening, but it's only good for 7 days refrigerated. icon_sad.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:37pm
post #1056 of 1317

Hi
I freeze it all the time. I break the gallon size up into 2 cup containers. Don't get nervous though. The Bettercreme doesn't freeze solid. What Bakers Supply do you go to? Are you in NY?
Kathy

Ivy383 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:45pm
post #1057 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvpeeks

Hi
I freeze it all the time. I break the gallon size up into 2 cup containers. Don't get nervous though. The Bettercreme doesn't freeze solid. What Bakers Supply do you go to? Are you in NY?
Kathy

Thank you soo much! So I can open the carton, divide the liquid into 2 cup containers and freeze. How long can I keep them in the freezer?

I live in Worcester, MA and I go to J&R in RI. It's in another state, but it's only a 40 minute drive.

Melvira Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:40am
post #1058 of 1317

They are good in the freezer for up to a year, depending on how old it was when you got it of course. Breaking it up in 2 cup measurements is great because that's about what it takes to do 2 dozen cupcakes. thumbs_up.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:58am
post #1059 of 1317

Hey Mel
YOOOOUUUUURRR BBBAAAAACCCCKKK!. Anything Mel tells you about Bettercreme is as good as coming from the Manufacturers mouth! She is the designated "Cupcake Queen".

Melvira Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 3:29am
post #1060 of 1317

Hahahaha! You are TOO flattering! I don't know if I'm all THAT, but I hold my own. icon_lol.gif But thank you for such a wonderful compliment!

noni12601 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noni12601 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 5:03am
post #1061 of 1317

I bought the prewhipped can in the 15 lb container from my Sams can I divide

and freeze it ? TIA

Melvira Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 8:19pm
post #1062 of 1317

Absolutely!!

Ivy383 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:42am
post #1063 of 1317

Thank you all very much for your help. I'm going to give this a try. icon_smile.gif

Nikkicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nikkicakes Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:21pm
post #1064 of 1317

I am making a purse cake, 3 layers. My customer wants PB filling, Is PB bettercreme filling stiff enough to hold up under 3 layers and carving? Its my favorite and I would much rather use it than plain PB buttercream. Thanks!

Melvira Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:20am
post #1065 of 1317

If you make it nice thin layers it should work, but if it's too thick it will just smoosh out!!

noni12601 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noni12601 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 9:40pm
post #1066 of 1317

Sorry if this has been asked before .Can I use bettercreme under fondant ? Making my belly cake tonight ..... Tia

sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 10:09pm
post #1067 of 1317

NO! I found out the hard way. Bettercream "melts" the fondant and will make it break apart.

Melvira Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:33am
post #1068 of 1317

I have heard many people say that, so I haven't even tried it! I don't want to invite disaster! icon_surprised.gif I've also had a few people tell me they've done ok with using fondant accents on Bettercreme, but I have not done that either. I just don't want to screw it up for anyone!! icon_rolleyes.gif

disney16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disney16 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 2:30am
post #1069 of 1317

I want to create a cupcake that is very similar to a hostess cupcake. Can I use the bettercreme for the filling and if so do I need to add anything else?

iluvpeeks Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 3:33am
post #1070 of 1317

I use Bettercreme all the time for filling, and topping cupcakes. Using Melvira's suggestions for using Torani syrups to flavor Bettercreme, the flavor combos are really good. If you look at the very beginning of Bettercreme Fun, Mel gives some really awesome ideas for using Bettercreme. The Torani Syrups are really good.

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 4:10am
post #1071 of 1317

Thanks Melvira for this wonderful post!! thumbs_up.gif Does anyone know where I can find the Bettercreme in liquid form in (Woodbridge/Alexandria) VA? I am a hobbyist at this point. I want to learn as much as I can and this thread has really helped me a lot icon_lol.gif . The Sam's Club has the pre-whipped Bettercreme in a 15# tub for $19.00 but I would like to get the liquid. I remember reading somewhere that some members found it at their local supermarket-I hope to find it somewhere locally. I think I am getting Bettercreme fever and I have never used it before!! icon_cool.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 5:11am
post #1072 of 1317

Hi
I remember mention of being able to purchase the liquid Bettecreme was at GFS. In NY we don't have any GFS stores. I know that where I purchase it its frozen. HTH.

sophie691 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophie691 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:14pm
post #1073 of 1317

Hi Melvira
I could only get through 25 page of this...wowo. I cant believe 2 years and 72 pages later that people are still going on about this. But, I have jumped on the train and bought Bettercream icon_smile.gif
Didnt you have a list of flavors and fillings?? If so, would you lead me stright to them. My eyes are crossed from reading sooo many good threads here.
Thank you so much for sharing your talent.
Signed, wayward child from Florida

iluvpeeks Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:45pm
post #1074 of 1317

Hi Sophie
I hope I can help you out. On the first page there are some ideas by Melvira, and also in Recipe Tips and ideas there is a sticky with all kinds of recipe ideas, including Bettercreme. HTH
Kathy

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:26pm
post #1075 of 1317

Kathy, where is the recipe tips and ideas? TIA icon_smile.gif

sophie691 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 8:55pm
post #1076 of 1317

Thanks Kathy!!

Grandma+++go to the main forums, scroll down to recipes & tips

iluvpeeks Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 9:13pm
post #1077 of 1317

Hi Hope you found what you wanted. I made cupcakes for my grandson's christening, and with Melvira's help, the flavors were fantastic, and everyone was raving about them. Also, I have purchased the Torani syrups that were suggested, and you can't go wrong.
Kathy

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:00pm
post #1078 of 1317

This is the google doc that Melvira created: https://docs.google.com/View?id=dgjqsjjc_4gmsq9sdh

sophie691 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:39pm
post #1079 of 1317

Thanks for the quick link GatuPR!!!

It says that it can be used to ice cakes....so does it crust like buttercream??

iluvpeeks Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 5:13pm
post #1080 of 1317

Bettercreme doesn't crust, and I have also read that you can't use it under fondant either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%