Would It Be Safe To Not Refrig Strawberry Fill For 24 Hrs?

Decorating By mybestfriend Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 3:31pm by mybestfriend

mybestfriend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mybestfriend Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 4

I am making multiple cakes for a big event at my daugher's sorority house. I won't to fill the cakes with fresh strawberries that will be soaked in amaretto/sugar. I'll bake, fill and decorate this Saturday then drive the cakes down Sunday for the event that afternoon. I don't have the room to refrigerate all these cakes. What's the popular opinion......will the filling be ok for that amount of time or should I go with another option? Thanks!

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 4

It would probably be 'safe' to eat, however, if the berries are not cooked, they probably will leak juices everywhere.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 4

I've had a similar ? yrs ago and many people thought that once the cake was finished (iced) it was sealed and there should not be a problem w/spoilage.
Is there anywhere cool - like a basement - where you can store the cake until you leave? Then in the car, put on a coat if necessary and run the ac icon_smile.gif

mybestfriend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mybestfriend Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the responses to my question. I've elected to go a safer route. I'll fill with strawberry jam mixed with a little buttercream. I'm in Florida and we have been in the midst of Tropical Storm Fay for a few days......things are calming down now, but I've been lucky and had no power outages, so didn't want to take any chances. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%