Have You Seen This Missing Mouse????!!!!!!

Decorating By tatetart Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 3:02am by tatetart

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:43am
post #1 of 77

Have you seen this mouse?

ABDUCTED!!
July 20, 2008 in Orlando, Florida
From the ICES National Convention

DOB--July 15, 2006 Age- 2 years old

2 inches tall. Last seen dressed in a white ruffled shirt and Blue Jacket
Had recently undergone reconstructive surgery on feet, and is in need of immediate medical attention for missing tail left behind at location of abduction.

Also missing is his Teacup and Saucer Home, along with other Teacups seen in the near vicinity of the the mouse-napping!

If you have seen this Gentleman Mouse or have any information of the whereabouts of any teacups in this photo, please contact Couturiere at CC...

His lady mouse is desperate to know his where-abouts. They have not been parted since birth!
LL
LL

76 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:50am
post #2 of 77

Oh Jacque, are they really missing? This isn't a joke? I'm sick at my stomach! Even my family remembers the first time they saw these mice and cups! Please find them soon!

{{hugs}}

Deanna

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:50am
post #3 of 77

This is so sad....someone stole from your display?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:50am
post #4 of 77

You too, huh? When I did the Gilda Club cake (in my pix) I went to cut the cake, took off the fans and hibiscus flowers, served some cake, went back to box up the fans which were missing!! Honestly folks, would it hurt that much to just ASK??? icon_confused.gif

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:52am
post #5 of 77

icon_surprised.gif Are you SERIOUS?!?! I can't believe someone would just take that!!
I wasn't in Florida at that time so I am innocent icon_razz.gif I wish I could help - he is handsome little thing and must have taken you a lot of time. I will keep my eyes pealed, although I don't expect to catch him here in Utah.... icon_cry.gif

Good luck!!!

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:02am
post #6 of 77

Oh no....i'm soooooo sorry!! I can't believe someone would do that!! You taught such a great demo and this is how someone repays your generosity. It's shameful. I hope he finds his way home soon.

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:06am
post #7 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

Oh Jacque, are they really missing? This isn't a joke? I'm sick at my stomach! Even my family remembers the first time they saw these mice and cups! Please find them soon!

{{hugs}}

Deanna

Hi Deanna...Yes...He is gone. We will all miss him...well except for his tail.
I still have that! icon_confused.gif
And they also took 2 cup and saucer sets, and two more teacups.

So sad. icon_sad.gif

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:06am
post #8 of 77

I just dont understand people! How could anyone do this. I was there and saw your reaction to the missing mouse and I cried for you. I hope he finds his way home. If the person is reading these post they should be ashammed of themselves! Send it back now

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:08am
post #9 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

You too, huh? When I did the Gilda Club cake (in my pix) I went to cut the cake, took off the fans and hibiscus flowers, served some cake, went back to box up the fans which were missing!! Honestly folks, would it hurt that much to just ASK??? icon_confused.gif

So sorry your fans "ran away"! You cut the cake and served it???
Dang...I missed having a good piece of cake too? Just ain't right! icon_wink.gif

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:14am
post #10 of 77

Thanks Patty, Becky, Patrice, and Paula!

In the grand scheme of life, if this is the worst that happened, then I
am thankful! I still have my family, my health, and I can always make another mouse.

But the mouse-nappers should be ashamed of themselves--especially for making my lady mouse a widow! She is crying little piping gel tears!

PatricesPieces Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:18am
post #11 of 77

Piping gel tears....how sad is that!! Is there an online dating site for sugarpaste widows!!??

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:24am
post #12 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenatea

Piping gel tears....how sad is that!! Is there an online dating site for sugarpaste widows!!??

SugarMatch.Com, but it will take a while before she can think of looking for another mate. Her little gumpaste heart is broken!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:25am
post #13 of 77

I just don't understand how that could happen! How could someone be so bold as to just take them - did they disappear from the actual display???

What is this world coming to! And to break his tail too! That is so sad - WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT!!!!

I'm so sorry! Please give my condolences to his poor widow...

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:34am
post #14 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

I just don't understand how that could happen! How could someone be so bold as to just take them - did they disappear from the actual display???

What is this world coming to! And to break his tail too! That is so sad - WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT!!!!

I'm so sorry! Please give my condolences to his poor widow...

Yes, Much of the Neighborhood was missing...I grabbed what was left - the display, the flowers, the ladymouse and one cup and saucer; and whisked them to safety. Thank you...
I will relay your condolences to his widow.For the time being, She has gone into seclusion.

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:39am
post #15 of 77

Oh my goodness that is so sad and rude!! How can someone just steal something from a display! Honestly after the sales rep sticking his hand in a cake and this, we need to seriously start thinking of putting our cakes/displays in glass cases with security guards and alarms!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:44am
post #16 of 77

You know there is a local cake artist in our area who does absolutely magnificent work. She taught a class last summer on making a bride and groom similar to your Mr. and Mrs. Mouse. She told me later that when she went to pack up, her bride and groom were gone (apparently on the honeymoon icon_wink.gif) but the thing of it is, she said that if they had just asked she would have been happy to give them to the asker. We agreed on her situation, it's funny but it's not. icon_confused.gif

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #17 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryak

Oh my goodness that is so sad and rude!! How can someone just steal something from a display! Honestly after the sales rep sticking his hand in a cake and this, we need to seriously start thinking of putting our cakes/displays in glass cases with security guards and alarms!!

I noticed all of Geraldine Randlesome's sugar displays were under glass.
Now I know why! Smart Woman!

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #18 of 77

oopsie! icon_redface.gif

PatricesPieces Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #19 of 77

With a little bit of sugar glue i'm sure her little broken heart can be repaired.

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:49am
post #20 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenatea

With a little bit of sugar glue i'm sure her little broken heart can be repaired.

So true...Time and Tylose heal all sugar wounds...

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:09am
post #21 of 77

Maybe he just met someone else and took her out for tea, since 2 tea sets were missing. Which would also be sad but it happens all the time, maybe she will be better off now.

Only joking of course, this is very sad that someone would take him, they will probably claim they made it also. Some people!!!!!!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #22 of 77

In this age of lost privacy rights, I would safely concur that there are security cameras with film that would show this person in the process of committing this horrible abduction... well, actually, this person is a scheming thief. We can color it all we want, but they broke one of the Big Ten Commandments... plus, they have done it to one of our CC family members. There is a record of those who attended, so we can start to narrow it down... CC detectives will figure out who did it or we can call Mr. Monk!

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #23 of 77
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe he just met someone else and took her out for tea, since 2 tea sets were missing. Which would also be sad but it happens all the time, maybe she will be better off now.

Well, that would have been out of character for him.
I have known him since he was born...and he never even LOOKED at another mouse!

PatricesPieces Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #24 of 77

And royal icing can fill the emptiness!!

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:21am
post #25 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutie

There is a record of those who attended, so we can start to narrow it down... CC detectives will figure out who did it or we can call Mr. Monk!

Better yet, we can call the Great Mouse Detective!!!!!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:03pm
post #26 of 77

Some people have absolutely no class. This is worse than stealing cake photos. They probably put them on display and say they did them!

You think Mickey can lend a PI? You know the mouse community sticks together.

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:32pm
post #27 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Some people have absolutely no class. This is worse than stealing cake photos. They probably put them on display and say they did them!

You think Mickey can lend a PI? You know the mouse community sticks together.

Well, we can ask Mickey since it happened on his turf, but he may decide that this is a job for MIGHTY MOUSE!!

Oh I am showing my age now!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:37pm
post #28 of 77

Here I come to save the daaaaay!

Mighty Mouse is on his waaaaay!

icon_biggrin.gif

tatetart Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm
post #29 of 77

I guess I am not the only person showing my age!
Hehehehehe! icon_lol.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:40pm
post #30 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Here I come to save the daaaaay!

Mighty Mouse is on his waaaaay!

icon_biggrin.gif

HAHA...that song started in my head when I read it too!

I can't believe that someone would actually steal something from your display! That's awful! Do you know if they had security cameras there?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%