Cc Issues With Mmf

Baking By aswartzw Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 4:53pm by gateaux

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 11

I made some cupcakes last night and was so excited b/c I thought it would be easy to cover them in MMF. Well, my cookie cutter was too small! icon_confused.gif The only thing I could find in the house close to the right side was the lid off the non-pareils and that overlapped. What do you guys use to get that perfect circle for your cupcakes? It was really depressing. Seriously depressing.

Also, I had a bump in my fondant from where I stuffed my cupcakes. I tried rolling my fondant thicker but it didn't seem to help it much.

Also, I left my CCs rounded. Do you think flat cupcakes work better when covered in fondant?

10 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 11

You can get a set of round cutters, about 8 in a little tin. that way you always can find a close match to what you need.

Be careful to not overfill the cupcake, so you don't have a bump

fondant works on both flat and rounded cupcakes. it may take a bit of practice.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #3 of 11

Hi Joann, Thanks for the reply!

I was using the Pampered Chef cookie scoop. Maybe I was in a bit of a hurry! icon_lol.gif Sometimes my patience runs thin.

Another issue I had (later on) is my fondant melted. It was never anywhere warmer than 79 degrees so I can't believe that happened! I did place the fondant directly on without any BC to secure it but the CCs were super moist and didn't need it. Could that have been some of the issue? Or maybe I rolled my MMF to thin? Really made me mad to get home and find they had melted!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 3:29am
post #4 of 11

Did you put the MMF on while the3 cc's were still warm?

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 3:42am
post #5 of 11

hi aswartzw, how about trying poured fondant on your cc's instead of rolled fondant?works fine w/ me. i have a very good recipe by peggy poschen.pm me if you wanna give it a try icon_smile.gif

bobbie

serenelui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serenelui Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 5:35am
post #6 of 11

hi bobhope.. would you mind sharing the poured fondant recipe? i've been trying to find a poured fondant recipe that works well with cupcakes but no luck so far.. would be ecstatic if you could share it with me ;p

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 7:12am
post #7 of 11

When I put MMF on cupcakes, I use a drinking glass to get the right size. (coincidentally, the glasses that come in the Jack Daniels gift sets are the perfect diameter). I always put a little buttercream on the cupcake under the MMF. Once I did it with apricot jam and it did make the fondant stay, it just didn't taste as good as it does with the buttercream.

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 7:22am
post #8 of 11

I would also love to have the poured fondant recipe...could you please pm or post it here. thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm
post #9 of 11

I'd like to try the poured fondant reciepe too if you wouldn't mind sharing it.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:53pm
post #11 of 11

thanks for sharing.

Good Luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%