Suggestions?????????

Decorating By mustang1964 Updated 10 May 2008 , 7:09pm by diane

mustang1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mustang1964 Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 4

So a lady, sort of a friend I have done business with for years asks me in passing to save a date for a wedding cake for her daughter. The wedding isn't until this fall. We are pretty informal around here. (small town) So I make a note of it and was planning to call her in a few days.
She just called and said another lady said she would do the cake for free and wondered if I would do six sheet cakes.
This is one of my husbands clients, so I don't have much of a choice.
Even if I were to make really nice sheet cakes she would get all the credit for it.
I really don't know what to do.

3 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 May 2008 , 12:30am
post #2 of 4

I would tell her "I am sorry I have a clause in my contract that I am to be the only one that provides the cakes. There is liability on the person making the wedding cake and on me if anything should happen health wise.

I understand if you would like to go somewhere else for the sheet cakes, but if you would like me to do the sheet cakes and the wedding cake let me know"

Also.. just because she is one of your husbands clients doesn't mean she has to be yours.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 May 2008 , 1:22am
post #3 of 4

I totally agree w/leily.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 10 May 2008 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 4

i wouldn't do it. if the other lady is making it for free, then why doesn't she do all of it?? icon_wink.gif if your cake taste better, she will get the credit for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%