Super Annoyed!

Decorating By fondantfrenzy Updated 13 May 2008 , 4:43am by xstitcher

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:07pm
post #31 of 72

I just read all of your posts, and I felt like I was hearing myself talk!!

I will start out with saying I love my BF with all of my heart. He really can be sweet (when he wants to be, right now he's making cupcakes for me)and a real supporter at times but then there is the other 85% of the time.............

It's definitely a gender thing. My BF who is now disabled and out on workmans comp doesn't work at all. He goes and hangs out with the old ladies, playing mah johng or penny poker (we live a 55+ community) Meanwhile, I work full time, come home work almost every night on some form of cake stuff since I've started a business. I cook, I clean and when the occasion comes that I'm so over worked and stressed out that I freak out, he looks at me as if I have grown another head and turned green.

He has started doing laundry however it never gets done in the same day or week for that matter. Uh hello your not doing anything else you can't put the clothes away?!

I don't think the honestly realize just how much we do for them or take on our own shoulders. I keep talking about going part time or quitting my full time job so I can devote more time to the cakes and my business, every time I bring it up he shoots it down. And on the same breathe talks about when we (i love that, WE) are busy how to run things and what not. I've told him that it will never get to that point as long as I'm working full time because I can't devote the time needed.

Guess I'm just venting here and boy did it feel good....lol It's nice to see I'm not the only who deals with the I can't cook, I can't clean man person...lol

Oh and letting him not get a little something something doesn't always work icon_sad.gif Been there done that and things only got worse. As if that was the first thing on my mind after working full time, then full time cakes, house work, paperwork etc,..ugh!

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:05pm
post #32 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

My husband loves it when I'm working on cakes. He doesn't even care if he gets to eat the cake...he has pictures of my cakes on his phone and he shows them to people wherever he goes...which is kind of weird, having him be that proud of me.

He doesn't even complain (too much) about the house being a mess...except sometimes to wonder why my kitchen is so clean and the rest of the house is not.

Wanna Trade Husbands? icon_sad.gif

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:21am
post #33 of 72

haha. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif my hubby does the same thing. He washes the clothes and leaves them in the bag. No folding or putting them away. I hate having a dirty house but I let it get do messy sometimes that now he is the one picking up after me. I love it!!! icon_biggrin.gif Oh, and my kitchen is about the only clean thing in my house. He points that out frequently. icon_lol.gif

Meloda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meloda Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:36am
post #34 of 72

LOL its nice to know I have company in my boat going against the tide. I love when my DH comes into the kitchen at 9:30 pm, I am up to my eyeballs in cake, frosting, etc and he asks me '"When are you coming to bed"'. I usually reply sometime in the next millenium duh icon_mad.gif Oh well gotta luv 'em. I alway say you can't live with them and you can't shoot 'em (just kidding) icon_cool.gif I think!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:54am
post #35 of 72

Well, I have to brag on my hubby I guess. He, too, enjoys my cakes and would love it if I had the time to actually do one for him to take to work! I keep promising, but, so far just haven't been able to carve out the time.

Anyway, he never complains about the time I spend on cakes and actually helps me if he's off work the day I'm working. He is REALLY good at leveling those tiered jobs!

He used to not help around the house when the kids were home, but, now, (what took him so long?) he does his own laundry if it isn't done when he wants and if I don't cook, take out or sandwiches work fine!

Sorry! He's NOT FOR SALE! LOL

Beth in KY

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:58am
post #36 of 72

I just told my husband that I am certain he could be good good friends with some of your husbands...he has been telling me for years to run some sort of business from home...(not cakes...) He has wanted me to do a card shop, sell cigars on the internet (because he wants the samples), sell spices or salts (he loves spices and salts) and heck there must have been at least 7 more ideas in the past 8 years...

I am a stay at home mom...but man that laundry sure does get boring...even with the time I just don't feel like doing it..but heck nobody else is going to....right now there are three baskets just waiting to be folded...and as soon as I get my camera loaded I will show you what I DID work on today!!!!!!!!

CelebrationCakery Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:59am
post #37 of 72

I just told my husband that I am certain he could be good good friends with some of your husbands...he has been telling me for years to run some sort of business from home...(not cakes...) He has wanted me to do a card shop, sell cigars on the internet (because he wants the samples), sell spices or salts (he loves spices and salts) and heck there must have been at least 7 more ideas in the past 8 years...

I am a stay at home mom...but man that laundry sure does get boring...even with the time I just don't feel like doing it..but heck nobody else is going to....right now there are three baskets just waiting to be folded...and as soon as I get my camera loaded I will show you what I DID work on today!!!!!!!!

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:01am
post #38 of 72

OK - First off, are you all married to my DH, 'cause last I heard that was illegal! icon_smile.gif Actually, my DH has been bugging me for years to find a hobby, but since I work FT, have two kids and am the only one who does ANYTHING around the house I just never had time. Plus, the fact that I'm pretty frugal and don't spend $$ very much, I couldn't bring myself to spend $$ on a hobby. I had a few bags/tips of my own and attempted cakes for my kids when my MIL gave me her stash of tips, bags, and some other stuff -- instant hobby with no real expense, right? Well, I've started selling (thanks to Ohio Cottage Law) and I've always took the $$ and never told my DH how much I was getting and he thought it was good I was getting some $$ to play with (or buy TP with) and one day he was going to the bank and I asked him to cash a check for me that I had received for a cake. He took one look at the check and said "Is this right?". YEAP! He now has a new respect for what I'm doing and pretty much supports me in it .... but he will not do laundry past putting it in the washer and running it (I LOVE finding it in there two days later, never moving to the dryer!), has never put one dish in the dishwasher, and has only run the vaccuum a quick sweep an hour before I come home from a business trip (about 2 times a year). He supervised bath time last weekend while I was working on a cake .... boy, I'll never hear the end of that! (who cares how many times I've done that ... he's done it once!!! Whopideedoo!!!!) icon_smile.gif

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:20am
post #39 of 72

i must have the best hubby ever.. bc hes the one that mixes my cake batter... and hes the one that mixes the color into my fondant... so i dont dirty my hands... oh and i taught him to roll out the fondant.. and believe it or not... i think that he does it better than me ... my DH is legally blind... he has RP (retinitis pigmentosa) its kinda like someone is slowly turning off the light... and he does most of the things that he does with the little sight that he has and by touch... i think thats why he rolls out the fondant so good... hes super supportive, and all i have to do is make him ... Cake Scrap Sandwhiches ... (i get cake scraps and put icing in the middle and make a sandwhich)..... hes the best...
i know im being gushy... but i thought i would say how much i love him and how much he helps me... i couldnt be any luckier...

pinklesley1 Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:29am
post #40 of 72

i must have the best hubby ever.. bc hes the one that mixes my cake batter... and hes the one that mixes the color into my fondant... so i dont dirty my hands... oh and i taught him to roll out the fondant.. and believe it or not... i think that he does it better than me ... my DH is legally blind... he has RP (retinitis pigmentosa) its kinda like someone is slowly turning off the light... and he does most of the things that he does with the little sight that he has and by touch... i think thats why he rolls out the fondant so good... hes super supportive, and all i have to do is make him ... Cake Scrap Sandwhiches ... (i get cake scraps and put icing in the middle and make a sandwhich)..... hes the best...
i know im being gushy... but i thought i would say how much i love him and how much he helps me... i couldnt be any luckier...

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:33am
post #41 of 72

OOOO! I didn't know what to call those smoore! Now it makes sense....Cake Scrap Sandwiches. Everyone at my church loves them! LOL

Beth in KY

mysweetconfetions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetconfetions Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:50am
post #42 of 72

It's great to know that I'm also not alone in this boat. although I guess I'm little bit luckier than most. We have a motto at my house, "If it bothers you , pick it up, Obviously it doesn't bother me or I would have already picked it up." I work a full time job as a deputy (stressful enough on it's own) and then come home after a 12 hour day and DH has supper fixed and ready to eat. IT's great, if only I could teach him to clean the mess up afterwards. I go to my shop and work on whatever cake I have going at the time. I banned him from doin laundry years ago because packing the washer so full there wasn't room for water just wasn't cutting it for me. Luckily he has enough sense to know when he has pushed his luck and I'm gearing up for a "kinipshion fit", as my kids called it. Then the house gets a good cleaning and I get a break. icon_lol.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:07am
post #43 of 72

I'm from the lucky ones- My dh is so proud of my cookies, but poor him only gets the flopped ones (burned, broken or ugly). Last week, he wanted some cake around the house, he took out the mixer and asked for the recipe. he made a scratch cake w/ almost no help! he bathes the kids if by mistake he's home early enough, will eat almost anything for supper if I don't get to cook (he stopped letting me order in "I don't reward bad behavior"), and he tells me that he'd rather come home to a messy house yhan a nervous wife. i don't work, and although he doesn't understand why i wouldn't want to do it, he won't force me to start selling my cookies. the few times i do sell cookies, he makes me buy something for myself but he pays for my baking "toys".

& reading all these posts makes me love him more

sorry for making you jealous!!!

oh, he won't do dishes cause it makes his hands dry.... sometimes that's all i want him to do!!! am i acting spoiled now????

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:06am
post #44 of 72

but he will not do laundry past putting it in the washer and running it (I LOVE finding it in there two days later, never moving to the dryer!), has never put one dish in the dishwasher, and has only run the vaccuum a quick sweep an hour before I come home from a business trip (about 2 times a year). He supervised bath time last weekend while I was working on a cake .... boy, I'll never hear the end of that! (who cares how many times I've done that ... he's done it once!!! Whopideedoo!!!!) icon_smile.gif[/quote]

OMG!! It took a couple of years, but now my DH has FINALLY stopped announcing when he has put a dish in the washer, or run the clothes through... Oh, and he has FINALLY stopped leaving MY wet clothes on the washer and putting HIS clothes through, and pretending that OURS don't need to be done!!! UGH!! And he has NEVER done the mirrors... or the toilet... or the sinks.... or bent down to clean the floor... And he is so hairy, that if I took him out for a walk with out his shirt on, I would have to license him, but he has NEVER wiped down the bathroom floor. It looks like a freaking CHIA PET molted all over the floor EVERY time he steps out of the shower!!!! UGH!!!

BUT.... He took my truck and filled it up and checked my tires, and washed it, and bought me a massage, and came home from work early so that I could go to the spa (where the massage was at) and said that I could stay extra long and have a long steam and unwind. He's getting some tonight! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

fondantfrenzy Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:46am
post #45 of 72

For those of you that have the good ones....and for Beth in KY that says he is not for sale, forget money,....I will trade my husband AND Viking MIXER!!!!!

GOING ONCE GOING TWICE....ANY TAKERS?

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 9 May 2008 , 8:44am
post #46 of 72

I had a husband like that. Now I'm divorced and happy.

smoore Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:48pm
post #47 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

... And he is so hairy, that if I took him out for a walk with out his shirt on, I would have to license him, but he has NEVER wiped down the bathroom floor. It looks like a freaking CHIA PET molted all over the floor EVERY time he steps out of the shower!!!! UGH!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

I LOVE the part about the license! My husband is at the point where he's wondering why he has hair growiing everywhere EXCEPT the TOP of his head! icon_confused.gif Your husband sounds so much like mine I have one question (just to make sure they're not the same guy) .... Can your husband use the last half of toilet paper that's on the roll, or does he need to get a new roll and put it on the back of the john? I ran an experiment once ... my husband got to where there was 3 rolls on the back of the john and still one roll (with just under 1/2 the roll left) still hanging off the wall before I couldn't take it anymore. Is there something about the last half of the roll that I should know about? icon_rolleyes.gif

My DH can be frustrating, but I do love him. Evidently, I'm frustrating too. He says I'm stubborn. I tell him I wouldn't be so stubborn if I wasn't always right! icon_lol.gif

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:11pm
post #48 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore

Can your husband use the last half of toilet paper that's on the roll, or does he need to get a new roll and put it on the back of the john? I ran an experiment once ... my husband got to where there was 3 rolls on the back of the john and still one roll (with just under 1/2 the roll left) still hanging off the wall before I couldn't take it anymore. Is there something about the last half of the roll that I should know about? icon_rolleyes.gif

My DH can be frustrating, but I do love him. Evidently, I'm frustrating too. He says I'm stubborn. I tell him I wouldn't be so stubborn if I wasn't always right! icon_lol.gif

OMG SOMEONE ELSE DOES THIS! I thought it was only my hubby! There are two partial roles on the floor right now. I at least try to put them on the back of the toilet because he will use them from there but not the holder. My husband is pretty good most of the time... there are always dirty socks and underwear on the floor... I just put a landry basket in the bathroom (we had three in our bedroom) and he thought that was brilliant. too bad he still leaves his dirty clothes on the bathroom floor icon_confused.gif

I also decided to try an experiment at the beginning of this thread. I bought him an expensive pair of designer jeans that he loved on ebay. The package came on April 24, he picked it up at the post office brought it home where he must have gone directly to the bathroom and opened the package (I had to work an open house for my job that night). It was there when I got home... it is still there May9. I am not picking it up. I cleaned the bathroom around this week. I'll update you when it goes into the recycling!

He did finish up washing most of the pots and pans this week for me. I did some but was feeling terrible. So left them for the next day. He did them (and a good job too!) Second time hes done them since we started living together 1 year ago. He does do the laundry though (we work opposite shifts three days a week) and live in an apartment without washer/dryer. He actually pays attention to the cleaning instructions too!

I'm the one guilty about leaving the hair though. I shed soooo much and can never seem to keep up with it. I need to get some hair nets for wedding cake season. I make sure my kitchen is spotless and clothes hairless and wear a clean apron, hair in a bun and kerchief over top but I'm still paranoid!

I love my hubby though... wouldn't trade him for anything

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:49pm
post #49 of 72

Can your husband use the last half of toilet paper that's on the roll, or does he need to get a new roll and put it on the back of the john? I ran an experiment once ... my husband got to where there was 3 rolls on the back of the john and still one roll (with just under 1/2 the roll left) still hanging off the wall before I couldn't take it anymore. Is there something about the last half of the roll that I should know about? icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh no... Mine won't use the LAST square, and thus hasn't actually FINISHED the roll, so he doesn't have to change the rolls. instead, he takes out a new one, and uses it until the LAST square, and leaves it on the counter.. and I let it go in "HIS" bathroom one time (I refused to even go in there for TWO WEEKS) and darned if there weren't 4 rolls on the counter with ONE SQUARE, one roll in the holder with ONE SQUARE, and one on the counter on the go. You would think that I was a negligent wife and didn't put a garbage can in the bathroom. Never mind that garbage day is HIS responsibility, and he had EMPTIED the garbage can in the bathroom on garbage day, but DIDN'T put the rolls in the garbage because... wait for it.... THEY WEREN'T DONE!!!! UGH!!!! icon_cry.gif

HBcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBcakes Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:14pm
post #50 of 72

This is just too entertaining. Some of your responses and methods of "Training" are hilarious!! Fortunately, I can't complain along with some of you poor ladies cause my husband bathes all 3 of our little kids (4,3,1) cause he says I do enough by getting them around all day and taking them to work with me, so he feels that's his part. He tells me not to make supper when I get home if I don't feel like it, he'll start it when he gets there. He makes my BC when I get busy, cleans up the kitchen if I'm too tired, shows my cakes to people he works with, blah blah blah- I feel like a millionaire in the hubby dept. ONE thing he does that annoys me a little but cracks me up at the same time....when people are over looking at my work and asking questions, he actually talks over me to explain how things are done or made!! I know he's proud and he's interested in what I do, but I like to talk too icon_biggrin.gif

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:55pm
post #51 of 72

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, dh will help out to an extent. He does laundry and loads the dishwasher. He also helps out with the kids when he can, just not diapers lol. But he works alot of hours so sometimes its hard on him too. I don't do this as a business yet, but he is so proud of what I do that he shows everybody and tells everybody about my cakes and hehas been supporting me in every way I could ask for. I am happy to know that when I do get to start a cake business he will be there for me 100%. Now if I could just get his boss trained to actually let him come home more lol i would be doing all the good. Those 90-100 hour weeks are a b*tch hehe.

CelebrationCakery Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:03pm
post #52 of 72

You know last night when I responded to this forum I really was laughing but as I sit here today and just put our little one down for a nap...I have to just remind myself of how lucky I am. He is home to me every night, he bathes our girls when ever I ask and he always holds his tounge when I am having a moment....don't get me wrong I cannot stand when he leaves a glass on the table while he just sat there talking to me while I filled the dishwasher...and oh...the TP...him too...once it hits just under a half roll it is done in his eyes...so I guess they are all quite silly but I have to say I am a lucky woman too, I may have my moments when everything he does just gets under my skin but I always get over it....sometimes I just think that is a sign for me to give myself a few hours out alone...I am sure we all need that though...

fondantfrenzy Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:22pm
post #53 of 72

Yah you all should go home and Kiss your hubbies...you can pretty much tell that no one is taking me up on my offer to trade...he helps me out in no respect, whether its with the kids or the chores....

smoore Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:39pm
post #54 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantfrenzy

Yah you all should go home and Kiss your hubbies...you can pretty much tell that no one is taking me up on my offer to trade...he helps me out in no respect, whether its with the kids or the chores....

Trade? No way, I love my lump! Besides, I don't want you to hate me. icon_lol.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:06pm
post #55 of 72

Yes, if you have a guy that helps you out you should hold onto him! I have an adult son and my husband and I get more help from my four year old daughter!
I have to not only take care of all the laundry in the house, cleaning it, making everyones dinners,etc but I also have to do the yard work as well. They both can be home sitting in front of a computer and will not lift a finger to help me. So if you have a guy that helps out keep him! They are far and few between!

fondantfrenzy Posted 9 May 2008 , 10:12pm
post #56 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

Yes, if you have a guy that helps you out you should hold onto him! I have an adult son and my husband and I get more help from my four year old daughter!
I have to not only take care of all the laundry in the house, cleaning it, making everyones dinners,etc but I also have to do the yard work as well. They both can be home sitting in front of a computer and will not lift a finger to help me. So if you have a guy that helps out keep him! They are far and few between!

detective.gif OMG OMG OMG...I think I am Married to your husband's BROTHER!!!!!

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:50pm
post #57 of 72

I wouldn't trade mine for all the money in the world. It would be to much trouble to train someone else. It has been 20 years and I don't have the time or energy to do it again.

He helps around the house, but it is the little things that get under my skin. A friend of mine told me that he messes up things when his wife asks him to do something so she wont ask again. He told this to my DH and I told him not try it if he wants to stay in MY HOUSE.

pinklesley1 Posted 10 May 2008 , 12:36am
post #58 of 72

talking about laundry... heres one for you... my parents and i own a coin laundry and my DH does all the closthes that they drop off... and pairs the socks... (which i hate) while im in the back in my whole in the wall office... working on the money and drawing cakes... i will never give up my hubby...

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 11 May 2008 , 6:32am
post #59 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore

LMAO, this is just what I say to my hubby!

Maybe it has something to do with our birthdays????

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 May 2008 , 6:51am
post #60 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Maybe it has something to do with our birthdays????

Yes, it is! Aries are I-Me-My people. They make the best salesmen becuase they believe everything they do or say is right! I worked with a double-Aries once. She commented on how much better we got along since she and I discovered our signs. "Wonder why that is?" she asked.

I said to my Aries friend, "Because I started giving you the respect you thought you deserved!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

(and we're still best friends!) thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%