Ganache, One More Time !!

Decorating By grama_j Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 6:34pm by CarolAnn

grama_j Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:55am
post #1 of 10

Does whipped ganache need refridgeration ? Cake needs to be baked on Saturday for Monday delivery.....

9 replies
DianeLM Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 10

Technically, no, it doesn't need refrigeration. I don't know how warm it is in Ohio right now, but here in Texas, I would keep a ganache cake chilled as long as I could manage.

HerBoudoir Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:32pm
post #3 of 10

Due to the large amount of cream in ganache, yes, I would keep it refrigerated.

DianeLM Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 10

According to "The Professional Pastry Chef" by Bo Friberg, ganache can be kept at room temp for a week. And he makes his with eggs!

According to "The Cake Bible" by Rose Levy Beranbaum, ganache can be kept at room temp for 3 days.

Pick your expert! icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 10

I agree with Diane..

I have done a truffle filling with the ganache and my recipe even says to let it set up over night outside the fridge.

tcturtleshell Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 10

I used to work for a bakery & they kept their ganache on the counter top & covered tightly. You just have to stir it up good before using it. We wrote the date on the lid & threw it away after a week.

CarolAnn Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:12pm
post #7 of 10

I like to put my ganache cakes into the frig for at least several hours to over night before serving. But they can sit out too. I just feel the refrigeration makes them more dense, moist and flavorful. I like ganache more all the time. They never stick around long enough to worry about the cream content.

connie1220 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 10

Hi Fellow CC'ers, I never made ganach but would love to try if anyone has a recipe to share? And what kind of cake goes good w/ it? Have to say you all have been inspirations and so very helpful to me. I feel blessed to have found this site and a wonderful bunch of friends!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:33pm
post #9 of 10

Here is the basic recipe:

There are alot of ganache recipes in the recipe section here at CC. I guess everyone has tweeked them to become their own.

Good Luck Connie!

CarolAnn Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:34pm
post #10 of 10

I heat 8 oz of heavy cream just to a boil and then pour over 12 oz of chopped dark choc or semi sweet choc chips (my preference) then cover for 5-10 minutes. Then using a spoon gently stir to blend completely. I allow it to cool somewhat then spoon on top of cake and spread with a spatula. I love this more each time I use it. Add vanilla, liquor or other flavoring as desired. I've used cherry sherry for a nice choc cherry filling. Yum! But I ave to say the choc and cream works great for me and couldn't be easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%