Ganache, One More Time !!

Decorating By grama_j Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 6:34pm by CarolAnn

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:55am
post #1 of 10

Does whipped ganache need refridgeration ? Cake needs to be baked on Saturday for Monday delivery.....

9 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 10

Technically, no, it doesn't need refrigeration. I don't know how warm it is in Ohio right now, but here in Texas, I would keep a ganache cake chilled as long as I could manage.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:32pm
post #3 of 10

Due to the large amount of cream in ganache, yes, I would keep it refrigerated.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 10

According to "The Professional Pastry Chef" by Bo Friberg, ganache can be kept at room temp for a week. And he makes his with eggs!

According to "The Cake Bible" by Rose Levy Beranbaum, ganache can be kept at room temp for 3 days.

Pick your expert! icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 10

I agree with Diane..

I have done a truffle filling with the ganache and my recipe even says to let it set up over night outside the fridge.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 10

I used to work for a bakery & they kept their ganache on the counter top & covered tightly. You just have to stir it up good before using it. We wrote the date on the lid & threw it away after a week.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:12pm
post #7 of 10

I like to put my ganache cakes into the frig for at least several hours to over night before serving. But they can sit out too. I just feel the refrigeration makes them more dense, moist and flavorful. I like ganache more all the time. They never stick around long enough to worry about the cream content.

connie1220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
connie1220 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 10

Hi Fellow CC'ers, I never made ganach but would love to try if anyone has a recipe to share? And what kind of cake goes good w/ it? Have to say you all have been inspirations and so very helpful to me. I feel blessed to have found this site and a wonderful bunch of friends!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:33pm
post #9 of 10

Here is the basic recipe:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-584-4-Chocolate-Ganache.html

There are alot of ganache recipes in the recipe section here at CC. I guess everyone has tweeked them to become their own.

Good Luck Connie!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:34pm
post #10 of 10

I heat 8 oz of heavy cream just to a boil and then pour over 12 oz of chopped dark choc or semi sweet choc chips (my preference) then cover for 5-10 minutes. Then using a spoon gently stir to blend completely. I allow it to cool somewhat then spoon on top of cake and spread with a spatula. I love this more each time I use it. Add vanilla, liquor or other flavoring as desired. I've used cherry sherry for a nice choc cherry filling. Yum! But I ave to say the choc and cream works great for me and couldn't be easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%