Help With Wedding Cake Designed With Cookies

Decorating By homemaluhia Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 6:24pm by Shelly4481

homemaluhia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homemaluhia Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 11

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to do a search for wedding cakes (or any cake for that matter) that are decorated with cookies. When I do a search, all that comes up are cookies in the shape of wedding cakes.

Has anyone every made a cake like this? Or seen one? I really appreciate the help!!

Thank you!

10 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 11

Do you want the whole cake comprised of cookies?
Or are you just going to decorate cake with cookies?

homemaluhia Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:28am
post #3 of 11

The bride said she's thinking of a cake decorated with cookies.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:38am
post #4 of 11

I'm thinking I've seen or heard of some that used Oreos and/or PeanutButter fingers but don't know where or when.
I would find the type cookies she wants and just stick them on a frosted cake in a decorative pattern.

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:12am
post #5 of 11

On one of the recent Ace of Cakes episodes the gang decorated a cake with Girl Scout Cookies. It was really cool looking.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:28am
post #6 of 11

You might suggest this will be difficult to cut and way hard to serve.

homemaluhia Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:32am
post #7 of 11

Oh, thank you! I hadn't thought about the difficulty of serving it! You are all so helpful!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:06am
post #8 of 11

I made a birthday cake for my mother that was frosted with buttercream and decorated with small sugar cookies. I used the flower shapes from the wilton gumpaste set for my cookies and leaves. The cookie recipe was the wilton no-chill one, and I divided the dough and colored it with paste colors. The cookies were so small that they baked in about 4 minutes on an insulated sheet. I gave all of the cookies a dot center made of buttercream.

I can't find a picture of my cake anywhere...my computer crashed two years ago and I had made the cake before then but I can't find my picture cds (so organized around here, LOL). Anyhow, the cookies were small enough that they were easy to cut, and the buttercream made them soft. It was a really tasty cake. Even my mom, the queen of complaining, liked it.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 9:30am
post #9 of 11

I had to do some serious brain yoga to find this. My computer died and I lost all my links! It used to be called Flour Girl, but now it's Flour Patch Bakery. These are some really cute cakes.

http://www.flourgirlbakery.com/index.php?id=1

homemaluhia Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 8:17am
post #10 of 11

Wow! Thank you!!

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:24pm
post #11 of 11

I did a groom's cake years ago that the groom was a baseball player, I made sugar cookies in the shapes of balls, glove and a bat. Decorated them a stuck them on the sides. On top it had grass and flags for the teams that he had played for. Sorry I don't have the picture in my gallery. But it was really cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%