Pricing Matrix...get It Here

Business By MarinersFan Updated 29 Oct 2018 , 7:25pm by Shim

GrandmaSweetiePie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaSweetiePie Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 4:11pm
post #31 of 282

It is one pan 9x13x3 ; one 12x18x3 pan. I noticed there was a listing for a 12x18x2, etc. But not a 3" deep pan.

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 4:13pm
post #32 of 282

Let me do some research I will get back to you on this.

GrandmaSweetiePie Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 4:15pm
post #33 of 282

Thanks. I hope I explained it ok. My pans are 3" deep.

gma1956 Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 4:15pm
post #34 of 282

Let me do some research I will get back to you on this.

Do you know the information for these cake pans, ie: cups of batter, servings etc.

If you do and can send them to me I can add them in and get it back to you. I will take me a few days because I have a project due on Tuesday, and 4 tests to study for as well as a paper to write by next Thursday.

But after all that I will have time to get this added for you.

GrandmaSweetiePie Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 4:18pm
post #35 of 282

I am not sure the number of cups, but the 9x13x3 I usually use 2 boxes of cake mix. And the 12x18x3 can take up to 3 boxes. I usually use the cake extender. The one that lilcakes posted.

Thanks again,
Grandma Sweetie Pie

gma1956 Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 4:29pm
post #36 of 282

Okay, let me do some research, I WILL get back to you. Don't panic if you don't hear from me until Thursday night. It will be my pleasure to do this for you. You are so welcome.

Mimitoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimitoo Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 3:47am
post #37 of 282

I too am having problems downloading this(pricing matrix), help. I just got my first cake order today, and I need help in pricing. I don't want to price myself out of a job, however, I don't want people to choose me because I'm cheap, I want them to choose me because I did a great job and I'm worth it. My only concern is that I am just starting out doing cakes for money and I'm afraid people will want references, do you give them the names of friends and relatives that you've done for free. icon_smile.gif

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 8:45pm
post #38 of 282

For those of you not able to download this file, you can go to msn.com, and they have an excel viewer. You can see it but not edit it. thumbs_up.gif

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 1 Jan 2006 , 4:41am
post #39 of 282

I downloaded it also and thank you so much. What a great tool and the time you put into it! Very interesting and helpful. Thanks again!

chellebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellebelle Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 7:44pm
post #40 of 282

That is awesome! I will definitly have to use that. I may be making 30 6 or 8inch cakes covered in fondant for a wedding!

Chelle

cookielady1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookielady1 Posted 23 Jan 2006 , 9:36pm
post #41 of 282

I got it to download with no problem...My only problem is, well, how do you use it??? icon_eek.gif

sempfi22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sempfi22 Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 12:26am
post #42 of 282

Thanks, this is going to help me out a lot.

cakefanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefanatic Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 8:36am
post #43 of 282

Here is a list on cake prices that someone sent me and a wedding contract. Can't get the contract but if you want a copy just ask.

Cakefanatic

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 8:13pm
post #44 of 282

I've had the matrix for a while, but just recently started to use it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to open it, it asks me which worksheet I want to import? Then lists: matrix, shopping list, groceries, rent-inventory, purchase-inventory, calculate price. Is it supposed to be this way - that I have to choose which one to open each time, instead of them all opening together at once? And I have to close the one I'm in before it will let me open another worksheet.

Second problem - With each time it opens one of the work sheets, it tells me that errors were found. It gives me the options to show each error and where it's located within that worksheet, to ignore it and continue opening it, or to cancel. If I choose ignore it tells me how may errors there are in that worksheet....In one it's 66 erros, another 254, etc etc.

If there are these errors there, then will my calculations be correct? If not, then I don't want to continue working on it. Is there another version of the matrix that I can download or can it be fixed??

HELP! icon_redface.gif

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 10:29pm
post #45 of 282

Just thought I would let everyone know that if you don't have Excel on your computer, you can download Openoffice for free at openoffice.org It's a great software program comparable to Microsoft Office and will allow you to use this price matrix.

cakefanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefanatic Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 2:09am
post #46 of 282

The one for cake prices is just on that has the prices only per pan, you canadjust it to your prices very different to the price matrix.

gma1956 Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 5:08am
post #47 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennT

I've had the matrix for a while, but just recently started to use it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to open it, it asks me which worksheet I want to import? Then lists: matrix, shopping list, groceries, rent-inventory, purchase-inventory, calculate price. Is it supposed to be this way - that I have to choose which one to open each time, instead of them all opening together at once? And I have to close the one I'm in before it will let me open another worksheet.

Second problem - With each time it opens one of the work sheets, it tells me that errors were found. It gives me the options to show each error and where it's located within that worksheet, to ignore it and continue opening it, or to cancel. If I choose ignore it tells me how may errors there are in that worksheet....In one it's 66 erros, another 254, etc etc.

If there are these errors there, then will my calculations be correct? If not, then I don't want to continue working on it. Is there another version of the matrix that I can download or can it be fixed??

HELP! icon_redface.gif

Can you attach the exact matrix you are using to this forum and let me look at it. You might need to give it a different name than the matrix already attached to this forum.

JennT Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 5:10am
post #48 of 282

I'll give it a try, at least....it's the same matrix that is posted at the beginning of this forum, if that helps. I hope it attaches ok...here goes....

***Edited to add: I just noticed the _764 in the file name...it's not what's listed as the filename at the beginning of this forum, but that's the one I clicked on and saved...I didn't change the filename when it saved...but that's how it saved it... icon_rolleyes.gif

gma1956 Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 5:30am
post #49 of 282

What software are you using this file in? It opens just fine for me. It is an excel file. If you use it in other software, that might be causing the problem.

JennT Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 5:31am
post #50 of 282

Excel

gma1956 Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 5:44am
post #51 of 282

Do you know what version?

parismom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
parismom Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 7:26pm
post #52 of 282

Wow I love it!

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 9:41pm
post #53 of 282

This is GREAT! I wish we could thank the author of this spreadsheet. She's my hero!!!

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 2:46pm
post #54 of 282

Are there instructions on CC somewhere that someone could guide me to as to how to use the pricing matrix?

tccksmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tccksmith Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 2:29am
post #55 of 282
Quote:
Quote:

I am not computer savy. Please help. In the cake pricing matrix under the calculate price cost per slice has a function of#DIV/O. This is an error in the fomula. How can I correct this and when does the hourly wage get added in to the total cost?

It is telling you that you can't divide by Zero. So as soon as there is a number of servings in the cell B76 on the first sheet titled "Matrix" , you should be corrected. And the hourly wage is already included in the formula for the total-you just need to input the number of hours.

icelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icelady Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 11:02pm
post #56 of 282

Just to let everyone know, the pricing matrix is from Dawn and her website is www.dawnscake.com. She is amazing and if you need any help I am sure she would be more than willing.

dawnscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnscake Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 11:56pm
post #57 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelady

Just to let everyone know, the pricing matrix is from Dawn and her website is www.dawnscake.com. She is amazing and if you need any help I am sure she would be more than willing.

thanks everyone for the compliments! I can't take full credit for this matrix. I received a basic set-up from a woman on the Wilton boards and have tweeked it quite a bit and continue to do so. The new one I am using is a colaboration of the original, what I added and another decorator named Donna. I have a basic for scratch cakes also that I made up for icelady. You can add and change any information in it. Everyone does their sizes different. Mine are based on a 2" x 1" x 4" slice. I will attach the newest one. If you have any questions, please let me know! I will try to help any way I can!
Happy Baking!
Dawn

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 6:14pm
post #58 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelacop

I am not computer savy. Please help. In the cake pricing matrix under the calculate price cost per slice has a function of#DIV/O. This is an error in the fomula. How can I correct this and when does the hourly wage get added in to the total cost?

I just downloaded the spreadsheet.
It also had the #DIV/0
I enter some data into the other tabs
like I would when making a cake and it worked fine
Try it and see it yours works.

oops i guess this was a little late icon_wink.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 4:08am
post #59 of 282

I am not real smart with the computer stuff, but I cant get it to change the icing amounts from the very first cake I tried it with. (12X18 size) now all the icing amount are for that size cake? Am I doing something wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated.

iceberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceberg Posted 28 Feb 2006 , 2:51pm
post #60 of 282

jelacop,

That error means that you are trying to divide something by 0. Somewhere along the way the formula must have been corrupted. I would delete the file you have and re-download it if you are not familiar enought with excel to fix it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%