Pricing Matrix...get It Here

Business By MarinersFan Updated 29 Oct 2018 , 7:25pm by Shim

iceberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceberg Posted 28 Feb 2006 , 2:59pm
post #61 of 282

Please disregard the previous post by me...the spreadsheet is FINE!

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 3:38pm
post #62 of 282

I am just getting started with cake decoarating and I am having trouble trying to figure out how much to charge for certain cakes, with fillings without fillings, sheet cakes, layer cakes. Would someone please help, or does anybody have a website that has this information. thanks

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 15 Mar 2006 , 2:43pm
post #63 of 282

I am very confused at how to use this Matrix, could somebody please please explain it to me.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 16 Mar 2006 , 4:54pm
post #64 of 282

I am totally computer stupid. I have Excel on my new computer and want to download this program. When I download, do I need to save it to something or just make it a shortcut on my desktop. Do I have to export it into excel or will it just work because I have the Excel program on my computer. DUH!!! I feel so Dumb!!!

Cindy

unixboymd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unixboymd Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 7:10pm
post #65 of 282

For those of you that don't have Microsoft Excel or are having problems opening the matrix.

You may want to try out a FREE alternative to Microsoft Office. It's called OpenOffice and can be downloaded at http://openoffice.org. Openoffice is totally free to use as long as you want and it's virus and spyware free.

As a side note - if you are ever in need of a specific type of software and can't afford or don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on it, then try doing a web search for opensource and the type of software you are in need of.

TIA!
UNIXBOYMD

MommyIAm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyIAm Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 5:08pm
post #66 of 282

I've been doing cakes for awhile now, always for my children and friends. The last couple years I have been doing novelty, layer & checkerboard cakes for friends at work for $20. I've never known what to charge and have always worried about overcharging. But now I have been approached by several people requesting cakes. I have viewed and played around with the matrix but still unsure how to charge. How do I calculate the number of guests a novelty cake will serve? Then my checkerboard cakes use two cake mixes and are 3, 8" round, layers. I'm not sure how to enter these onto the first page of the matrix to complete my price per piece.

Please HELP!

CakeBakingGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBakingGurl Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 5:55pm
post #67 of 282

I read through this whole forum and downloaded the matrix' provided. I was just wondering if anyone has done any tweeking to these matrix's or if a new one has come out since the last post! any new info would be appreiceiated! ty

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 2:00am
post #68 of 282

I have been trying to use tha Matrix and have some questions. I start on the first page-pick the size cake I am making, but have questions on the last page, where it calculates the totals. Do I enter in the price per hour I want to make to get the price to charge?? And if I don't change the price per hour-the total charged will automatically calculate the price per hour it would be? And that is the final price-it doesn't get multiplied by 3, right? Want to be sure I understand this!! Thank you icon_smile.gif

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 7 May 2006 , 1:03am
post #69 of 282

If you haven't started entering your cake layers in the matrix tab
your cell for cost on the last sheet will show the #/DIV/)! error.
Once you start adding the number of layers for your cake and your hourly wage in the specified spot this will go away.

HOWEVER it if bothers you like it did me you can use conditional formatting to hide the error.

You click on Cell C8 on the calculate price sheet
then go to Format and choose conditional formating
in the condition drop down pick formula is
in the box nex to it put =ISERROR(C8 ) no space(when I left it without the space it put a smiley face in)
then click on the format button and change the font color to match the pink in the box
click ok and the error becomes invisable.

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 7 May 2006 , 1:09am
post #70 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarspice

I have been trying to use tha Matrix and have some questions. I start on the first page-pick the size cake I am making, but have questions on the last page, where it calculates the totals. Do I enter in the price per hour I want to make to get the price to charge?? And if I don't change the price per hour-the total charged will automatically calculate the price per hour it would be? And that is the final price-it doesn't get multiplied by 3, right? Want to be sure I understand this!! Thank you icon_smile.gif

It comes with $5.15 in there but I changed mine to $15

I also adjusted some of the baking and decorating times as to what it takes me to bake and decorate.

labgro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labgro Posted 11 May 2006 , 3:37pm
post #71 of 282

Thanks a lot for the matrix posting, but I have just one problem. Matrix would come in handy for my cakes but I also sell cookies and cheesecakes. Can anyone help me out? I am a new to this process. So I am going to need all the help I can get. Thanks a bunch icon_biggrin.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 13 May 2006 , 7:33pm
post #72 of 282

Am I out of it?

I downloaded the wedding matrix and the original matrix, and they open up fine, but I don't see anywhere anything about pricing at ALL, just pan sizes, amounts of icing, time to frost, etc. Nothing about hourly or anything else.

What am I missing??? Help...

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 14 May 2006 , 5:06pm
post #73 of 282

Never mind, I got it--downloaded OpenOffice, and tah dah, there it all is--WOW. Let me say again, wow! I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open...

Whan an accomplishment!! Kudos to whoever made this, bravo, and bless you!

michelegator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michelegator Posted 26 May 2006 , 4:13am
post #74 of 282

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for posting this Matrix!!!!! It ROCKS! It is so detailed and an incredible amount of time went into making this. So KUDOS to the person who put it together.

Michele

Miraculous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miraculous Posted 31 May 2006 , 10:25pm
post #75 of 282

Thank you, I was wondering about that myself!

blueeyedcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueeyedcakelady Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 4:10pm
post #76 of 282

WOW! What a wonderful program! Wish I would of thought of it as I am using quick books in my bakery, but I am going to implament this program in my bakery today!!!!!

tommyandholly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tommyandholly Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 4:17am
post #77 of 282

I would TOTALLY kiss the person who made this program! How awesome! On the cheek of course, I'm a married lady, but anyway, I am SO excited, thanks bunches!

dyenana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyenana Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 4:23am
post #78 of 282

Thanks so much...my hubby will be over my shoulder to see what I am doing now. Thanks thanks thanks

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 9:08pm
post #79 of 282

THANKS!

peterlori1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peterlori1 Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 9:43am
post #80 of 282

I keep getting an error when trying to download this file. Any suggestions?

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:02am
post #81 of 282

I like it, but not quit sure how to work it if anyone can pm me that would be nice thanks

jinxy543210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jinxy543210 Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 6:12pm
post #82 of 282

The website is not letting me download the price matrix, it may have been lost during the site maintenance, could someone with this file pretty please email it to me??

Thanks in advance

[moderator edited to remove email address]

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 8:29pm
post #83 of 282

me too....i get an error saying the file doesn't exsist.....can someone repost it?

bayougrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bayougrl Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 2:54pm
post #84 of 282

I got the same error File does not exist.

ricaloca323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ricaloca323 Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 4:22am
post #85 of 282

Could someone email the pricing matrix to me. I was unable to download it. Thanks!!

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 12:55am
post #86 of 282

Yeah it wouldn't work on my computer either..can someone email it to me also? Thanks so much!!

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 5:40am
post #87 of 282

Yep, it says file does not exist? I'd love to have it too.

mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 5:45am
post #88 of 282

I get the same thing. I would love to have is also.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 12:43am
post #89 of 282

I know this is redundant, but I am also having trouble getting this matrix. It keeps saying 404 Error. I'm in the same boat as the last posters and would love to either get any suggestions about getting it to work properly, or have it e-mailed to me. Thanks in advance!

~Diana

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 12:52am
post #90 of 282

Can someone that has this matrix downloaded please make a new download.. I also want it but I hate to add to the please email me list....
think it will be wasier for everyone in the future..

thanks Jessica

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%