Help!! How Do I Stay Away???? (Long)

Decorating By yummymummycakes Updated 11 Jun 2007 , 12:02am by fayebaby

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 21

I will probably get killed for posting this icon_redface.gif ......... I actually thought of sending this message to the forum operators.

I am lacking in self control hugely!!! I mean BIG time. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

How do I stay away from this website so I can get all the other things done that I need to do? icon_rolleyes.gif I have rediscovered the joys icon_biggrin.gif of cake decorating after not doing it for so long (2 years, my soon to be ex icon_evil.gif didnt appreciate the skill and passion for decorating)

After I split with him I went back to school to study law, with 9 children icon_rolleyes.gif in total and 2 of them being babies I just cannot go back to working weekends, so hence the decision to go back to school and study law. thumbs_up.gif (Which I have always been interesred in)

But now I find myself baking everyday, anything with cake will do. I am searching the supermarket aisles for different ways to doctor the cakes, playing with icing and generally feeling like a little kid again. icon_biggrin.gif
It doesnt help that me BF LOVES icon_biggrin.gif cake............ and all his office staff icon_lol.gif (they all say they have the best boss now)

Is there anyway that we can get booted off as 'punishment' for spending to long on this addictive site? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Is it just me or are we all in the same situation?

20 replies
JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 21

You are not alone!! I am also a student. I decided while I was home with my kids to further my education. My college offers online classes so I take all my classes online. Every time I come to our computer room I end up on this site...sometimes completely putting off my homework and having to turn it in late! It is addicting! When the site is down for maintenance, I don't know what to do with myself! It's scarey! CC Anonymous?! Jodie

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:55am
post #3 of 21

Sorry cheryl - you're in trouble now!!! Might as well Image

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:58am
post #4 of 21

don't look at me! -- note the number of post.

to paraphrase a certain villain from Star Trek:

we are cake

resistance is futile

you will be addicted!

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:04am
post #5 of 21

Don't ask me... If I'm not reading posts and answering, I'm deep in the galleries, furiously clicking and adding pics to my favorites. I have so many 'practice' cakes I want to try, inspired by some of the awesome pics on here, that I'll never get them all done! LOL

Yeah... feelin' your pain. I haven't managed to get much done at all, since I joined this site. icon_razz.gif

However, when the CC is down, I console myself by baking a cake! LOL

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:04am
post #6 of 21

This is why, in greeting all new CCers, I tell them "Welcome to your new addiction!" icon_biggrin.gif for which there is NO 12 step program! icon_lol.gif

But seriously, congrats on your new direction in life. You'll do well, I'm sure! icon_biggrin.gif

lablady_29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lablady_29 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:07am
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

don't look at me! -- note the number of post.

to paraphrase a certain villain from Star Trek:

we are cake

resistance is futile

you will be addicted!

You can't go by post alone. I'm on here for hours reading and learning. I'm just the strong silent type. icon_rolleyes.gif But I agree with the rest of it.

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:08am
post #8 of 21

see that little warning in the upper left corner of the home page...... I didn't take it seriously either icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:10am
post #9 of 21

Think of the good part, first you will be a "member". Then you will be labeled an "addict". Only to become a "fanatic." BUT if you still cannot overcome, you will eventually be rewarded by becoming a "superstar." icon_lol.gif

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:16am
post #10 of 21

If you haven't done so yet, click on that little warning in the upper left of the page...that'll say it all... icon_biggrin.gif

marecip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marecip Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:28am
post #11 of 21

I feel your pain....self medicate with chocolate.

You need to check out my post...
Addicted? Questionnaire
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-336093.html

Print it out and tape on your computer screen.

THIS WILL WORK!!!!
...for about 5 min.

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:39am
post #12 of 21

We all need to start an intervention program. Maybe the administrators could lock us out for... umm icon_rolleyes.gif ... let's say 5 minutes a week, just to get 'other things' done ... whether we need the time out or not icon_razz.gif .

PattyLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyLen Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:46am
post #13 of 21

I'm with lablady... Not always posting, but always lurking icon_cool.gif in the background... reading and learning! What a sweet addiction!

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:22pm
post #14 of 21

I feel your pain, lol! This site is incredibly addictive! My hubby says it's like a drug, I have to just keep coming back for more!

Piamarianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Piamarianne Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:33pm
post #15 of 21

I guess its a matter of self-disciplin. You need to work your brain like this:

As soon as I have done the ironing, I will surf CC
As soon as I have washed the floor, I will surf CC
Immediately after vacuuming, I will surf CC... And so forth.

And NOT like this:

Must...have...CC - Must...have...CC icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 8:07pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecoratingDingbat

We all need to start an intervention program. Maybe the administrators could lock us out for... umm icon_rolleyes.gif ... let's say 5 minutes a week, just to get 'other things' done ... whether we need the time out or not icon_razz.gif .

I thought that's what they did when the servers go down -- it's really a closet intervention on the part of Heath and Jackie so we can get other stuff we need to done! icon_lol.gif

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 10:08pm
post #17 of 21

I don't know if that really works as an intervention when the servers go down because how many times are you checking to see if the site is back and running yet?

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 10:21pm
post #18 of 21

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Oh yeah, I guess your're right...icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 10:24pm
post #19 of 21

Yup, I checked it a million times today when it was down for maintenance. LOL! icon_smile.gif

Nickii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nickii Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 11:44pm
post #20 of 21

All I can say is my husband knows to have the computer on and ready when I get home from work. I absoluley love this site and have gotten my mother addicted also. hehehehehe Gotta bring someone someone down w/ me. icon_twisted.gif

fayebaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fayebaby Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 12:02am
post #21 of 21

I agree!! I love this site. I have learned so much from this site. I find myself here several times a day. And if I am in the mist of decorating a cake and have problems, here I am again. This is by far the best site I have ever visited. So many talented people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%