I Got My New Stove!

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 12 Apr 2005 , 4:52pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 4:43am
post #1 of 12

Hey Friends!

I wanted to share my news!! I bought a new stove Friday. Saturday my hubby & his friend took out my old surface stove top & put the new stove in it's place! I was so excited to see the finished work! They took the cabinets out so now I have a new counter top & cabinets. I think I'm going to use the counter top as a butchers block.

We have been spring cleaning this weekend so I didn't get a chance to cook with it yesterday! I did today!!!! I made biscuits, they turned out wonderful!! I also made a SnickerDoodle Cake w/ Cinnamon Icing. The recipe came from the Cake Mix Dr.'s book. It turned out very neat! I'll post it in a few days.

I thought I was gonna have to go somewhere else to bake my wedding cakes because my inserted oven isn't big enough & doesn't cook good enough to do these wedding cakes. Now I don't have to go anywhere!! I am so excited!!!

11 replies
tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 5:04am
post #2 of 12

TC, congrats on the new stove!! Now you can do it all right from home. That is wonderful news. I know that you are going to be producing some great things out of this oven! Happy Baking, girl!!
~Tanya

tcturtleshell Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 5:06am
post #3 of 12

Your so sweet Tanya! I will be doing a lot of happy baking!!!! I have a oven that works properly!!!

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 5:43am
post #4 of 12

That's awesome! I can't wait to own my own house so I can choose these things to my desire - still saving for my 1st KA - I'll be getting one within the next year - my friend gave me an old Sunbeam stand mixer from the 70's that his grandma made many cakes & icings with and you can tell it's been used - but still holding up on my end. I will use it until there is smoke and flames showing - hopefully by then I will have enough to get my new KA - the only tough choice will be the colors - too match my kitchen? Or go for a spunky funky color I love - what do you think?

tcturtleshell Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 6:02am
post #5 of 12

I bet that Sunbeam is something else! I saw one at a yard sale on Sat. & I almost bought it just because it was from the 70's. Then I thought of how much space it would take up & I decided against it. I bought a KA & now I want a larger one!!!! But like you said... you have to save up for one because they aren't cheap! It will be worth the wait Shugga!!! Keep saving that change & go through your house & if you find something that you haven't used in the past 6 mths.... sell it!!! I got my kitchen aid because I sold me tread mill!!!! I never used it & neither did anyone else in my family so I sold it!! I like my KA a lot better then the treadmill!! At least my KA doesn't sit & collect dust!!! Good luck on saving up your money!

lagunacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lagunacakelady Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 6:21am
post #6 of 12

Congragulations TC...That is so exciting. I didn't get a new stove but I'm feeling so happy icon_smile.gif

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 6:30am
post #7 of 12

Isn't it fun getting a new stove! Congratulations tc, you'll surely get your use out of it!
Hubby and I were just talking about the stove I bought and were wondering how long ago that was, 8yrs. It's a plain stove, I clean it myself, no thirlls and I like it!

tcturtleshell Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 12:08am
post #8 of 12

I never thought I'd be so happy about a stove!! I baked a Snicker Doodle cake w/ cinnamon icing last night. It turned out so good!!!

The icing was a light sand color so I added cornelia lace to it with some chocolate icing (I cheated & used Duncan Hines icing) & I did swirls on the top.

I just wanted to use my new stove!! The cake was so moist, the icing was wonderful! It didn't taste like a Snicker Doodle cookie though. They are crunchy. It did taste like a Homemade cinnamon rolls! My son agreed but my daughter said it tastes like King Cake. Just in case ya'll don't know what that is, it's kinda like a cinnamon roll but is decorated in Mardi Gras color sugar sprinkles, Purple, green, & yellow. You can put any filling in it that you like. I like straw/creamcheese. It's delicious.

I will make a King Cake next year for Mardi Gras... "If the good Lord's willing & the creek don't rise!"

Now I better get off here for a bit so I can cook supper!! icon_smile.gif In my new stove!! I'm so excited!! LOL

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 4:14am
post #9 of 12

Good for you kiddo, sounds like it will be getting a good introduction haha!
Hugs Squirrelly

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 7:49am
post #10 of 12

congratulations new mommy of a brand new oven!!!! I cant wait to get a kitchen of my own!!!!!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 12:02pm
post #11 of 12

That's so cool that you got a new stove TC! I can't wait until I own my own place as well. I am going to get front load washer/dryer, a gas stove, a nice big refrigerator.....*dreaming*...now back to reality m0use....Congrats again TC!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 4:52pm
post #12 of 12

oooooh! I'm so jealous!!!! Happy Baking!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%