slejdick Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 3:18pm
post #1 of

The theme of SIL's shower was cats, so in addition to making the cake, I also made cat face cookies.

I posted ages ago for advice and someone suggested finding a coloring page that I liked and using that as a guide for how to do the cookies. I did that, and they turned out well.

I did a bouquet in an old family heirloom cat cookie jar (in my photos), as well as a basked of wrapped cookies to pass around, each with a topic attached to give advice to the bride-to-be. They were a huge hit, and I wanted to share, and say thanks for the help earlier with the ideas!

Laura.
LL

9 replies
ps3884 Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 3:46pm
post #2 of

These came out great!! How did you do them? Did you use food markers for the detail?

LisaMS Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 4:17pm
post #3 of

Those are precious. I was admiring them in the gallery in the cookie jar.

slejdick Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 2:34am
post #4 of

Thanks! I did use the food markers (the Wilton ones) to do the details. Here's a pic of the progression from plain to finished:
LL

wendysue Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 2:39am
post #5 of

Very cute! I've never decorated cookies, but will have to try this soon. Did you use an icing recipe from this site?

slejdick Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 2:45am
post #6 of

Yes, I used the no-fail sugar cookie recipe and Antonia74's icing recipe.

The icing recipe and technique can be found in her article on this site entitled "How To Bake And Decorate Cookies".

I haven't done too many cookies, but am learning as I go. I'll try to find and post a pic of the Santa cookie bouquet I did at Christmas time. It was a gift for a friend who collects Santas and is very hard to buy for. It was the first cookie bouquet I ever did, and I had fun with it. Now I'm looking forward to the next challenge! icon_wink.gif

Laura.

EDIT: Santa bouquet is posted now.

maxiecakes Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 4:04am
post #7 of

Very Beautiful Cats!! I just love them!

Cake_Princess Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 5:25am
post #8 of

Cool Cats...

beany Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 11:30am
post #9 of

These are so darling!

melodyscakes Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 4:27pm

i really like the look of the coloring pens. i'll have to try that sometime. thanks for posting your step by step photo too!!!!!

melody

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%