Posted by Seeing_i_dog67A watermelon cake made with real watermelon!
Water Melon Cake
- 1 (2-layer package) white cake mix 1 small package mixed fruit gelatin powder 1-1/3 cups seedless watermelon cut from the center and cubed into 1-inch blocks 3 egg whites 1 Tbsp vegetable oil 1 cup miniature chocolate chips, optional
- ?Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan (or 9 x 13-inch cake pan).
- ?In a medium bowl, whisk together cake mix and gelatin powder until combined. Set aside.
- ?In a large bowl, beat watermelon, egg whites, and vegetable oil until smooth. Add dry ingredients, half at a time, and mix until well-blended. Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
- ?Pour into prepared pan and bake about 35 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature before frosting.