Posted by Crakerz01This sounds like a weird combination but it came out really, really good!
Black Forest Cake with Caramel hazelnut frosting
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (I used chocolate fudge) 1 1/3 cups coffee 3 eggs 1/2 cup oil 3/4 cup cherry preserves (only $1.68 at Krogers) 1/2 cup butter (softened) 1/2 shortening 4 cups powdered sugar (sifted) 1/4 cup caramel hazelnut coffee creamer by international delight (You can use any other flavor you think might taste good)
- 1.Bake cake mix according to package using coffee instead of water
- 2. Cool and torte into four layers
- 3. Spread about 1/4 cup cherry preserves on each layer making three layers of cherry.
- 4. Assemble layers
- 5. Frost cake with frosting
- To Make Frosting- Beat softened butter and shortening, scrape bowl. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time scraping bowl after each addition (mixture will be crumbly at this point) Add 1/4 cup creamer slowly. (I used 1/4-1/2 a cup, add to your desired consistancy)