Cupcake Carriers?

Decorating By m1m Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 4:15am by Uniqueask

m1m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m1m Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:13am
post #1 of 29

I made cupcakes for my son's class on Tuesday and carried them in a box-they toppled over.

I am now in the market for a cupcake carrier. I have seen two on Amazon that look interesting:
The Cupcake Courier
and Oneida Cupcake carrier

Does anyone have any feedback on cupcake carriers?

icon_rolleyes.gificon_cool.gificon_smile.gif

28 replies
aimers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aimers Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:30am
post #2 of 29

I have 2 of The Cupcake Courier. I bought one and loved it so much I searched high and low for another. It travels like a charm and has plenty of room for lots of icing icon_smile.gif I have nothing but praise for this product.

aimers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aimers Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:31am
post #3 of 29

I have 2 of The Cupcake Courier. I bought one and loved it so much I searched high and low for another. It travels like a charm and has plenty of room for lots of icing icon_smile.gif I have nothing but praise for this product.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:48am
post #4 of 29

I have the cupcake courier as well....I LOVE IT! Happy hunting!

m1m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m1m Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:52am
post #5 of 29

Thanks for the feedback!

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:56am
post #6 of 29

i bought 2 of the cupcake couriers from amazon the first of this year and i LOVE them! i use them to carry smaller two tier stacked cakes as well.

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:56am
post #7 of 29
s_barnes76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_barnes76 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:27am
post #8 of 29

Stay away from the Oneida one. I'm assuming they only have one kind, so if it's like mine, you would be better off with a couple of Rubbermaid bowls lol. The way that piece swings around to connect the 2 pieces just isn't secure enough for me. I have a Wilton one that works fine, but am looking to buy the Courier soon, I've heard great things about it.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:28am
post #9 of 29

I always did a 24 can soda tray, covered in foil. That wedged them in pretty full. I could get all four boys to school with cupcakes- all standing.

Kid's classes are limited in size, I always made 24 and that allowed one for each kid, and teacher, and aid, and may a parent or two. Also an extra for an occasional dropped one. That way, I didn't have to wait to get it back.

But I must say, at 20 bucks- cute! icon_biggrin.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:34am
post #10 of 29

I agree about the Oneida one, I have it and not only does the latch seem unstable, but there really is not a lot of room for icing. Also the bottom tier is actually a cupcake baking pan...ever try to get a fully iced cupcake out of a cupcake pan? icon_confused.gif

If you REALLY want a lot of room for icing, just go to Target and get their run-of-the-mill 12-cupcake/24-mini carrier. It's a single level, kind of like the Wilton one, but is only $5!! I purchased it in-store (I have not seen it on the website), and it's so cheap you can purchase more than one..you just have to work out the logistics of carrying two containers. One caveat: the cupcake holes are rather shallow, you might still get some falling over...but if that happens to you, you can just recycle it as a great cupcake keeper for your home.

That said, from all of the rave reviews, I do wish I had just bought the Cupcake Courier to start with!

firehorse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firehorse Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:46am
post #11 of 29

Ditto what cas17 said. I travelled from Canada to the US to search for a cupcake courier! I use it for square cakes and smaller stacked that don't fit in my round caddy.

firehorse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firehorse Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:48am
post #12 of 29

Ditto what cas17 said. I travelled from Canada to the US to search for a cupcake courier! I use it for square cakes and smaller stacked that don't fit in my round caddy.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 2:55pm
post #13 of 29

I use these longish shallow storage containers from IKEA that work really well, especially since there are no pre-divisions, I can put all sorts of things in them without being restricted by shape or size. But at 20+shipping, the courier is begining to look cute. I wonder if I should get one or two?!!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:04pm
post #14 of 29

I have the wilton carrier and if you hit a bump or stop short in the car the cc's will tip over icon_sad.gif

I also have the cc courier...IT IS THE BEST!!!! Works like a charm and can fit a cc decorated with tall frosting without squishing. thumbs_up.gif

tastefullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastefullysweet Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 7:39pm
post #15 of 29

I have The Cupcake Courier (I believe that's what I have.. I bought it in Germany and it has a different name here), here is what it looks like
It's excellent! You can carry 36 cupcakes or muffins in it. The only thing tricky about it is getting the iced cupcake out. I'm usually just using two forks to get them out and it works just fine. thumbs_up.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 7:56pm
post #16 of 29

hmmm...looking good was just wondering they dont look too big-the cc's ...are these medium size? I usually make mine large..would it still fit 36 large ones?

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 8:08pm
post #17 of 29

I have 3 of the Cupcake Couriers and I love them! If you have a Target, Homegoods, or Bed Bath and Beyond near, try there first before you order online and pay S&H. I got one from Target for $19.99 and my mom got the other 2 at Homegoods for the same price. I don't think you can go wrong! I know the creator of this product was at one point and time a CC member too! icon_biggrin.gif

tastefullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastefullysweet Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:23pm
post #18 of 29

Mine are regular size. Not sure if the large are gonna fit... I never make them.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:32pm
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimers

I have 2 as well and couldn't agree more, I look forward to having to take cupcakes places icon_smile.gif I bought 1 for myself and 1 to put away for a future gift, I loved the first so much I couldn't part with the second one thumbs_up.gif I was lucky enough to catch mine on sale, but I would pay full price for it and still be very happy. Good luck!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:40pm
post #20 of 29

I recently (Oct.) bought my Cupcake Courier at Home Goods for $19.99 and love it. It accomodates standard sized cupcakes with a moderate amount of frosting. If you have large toppers, you'll need to put them on at the site or just use them for 12 and keep them on the top tier.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:56pm
post #21 of 29

Ditto on the Cupcake Courier! I got mine on-line for about the same price. I wished I had two.

The lady who invented them was/is a CC member. Now, I wished she'd come up with a carrier to hold the TALL ice-cream cone cuppies. If she did, I would soooo buy it! icon_biggrin.gif

bsalto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bsalto Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 12:07am
post #22 of 29

I love my courier. I bought it at bed bath and beyond with the coupon. I recently made mini cupcakes for work. About 200 of them. Then I thought how the heck am I going to transport them. so I used the cardboard of the ceral box,put them in the courier and I transported 110 mini decorated cupcakes. I still had to take two other boxes for the rest of the cupcakes. But It worked.

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:30pm
post #23 of 29

What about when you don't want to leave the carrier. Those look great for when you can go pick them up or have your children bring them home but what about when you drop and leave. I make a lot of cupcakes that I drop off and don't necessarily want to go back and pick up a carrier. Does anyone know of any disposable ones that work great?

Kat

kaciealexa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaciealexa Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:41pm
post #24 of 29

i just use those plastic boxes that you store ornaments in.. i got them at bed bath and beyond, they were only $10 with their coupon... they are square clear plastic boxes that latch together with a green cover . i removed the ornament dividers, but you could leave them in... i have 3 sets and they all can be attached to each other, so that i can easily carry up to 8 dozen cupcakes at a time.

katwomen1up Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:56pm
post #25 of 29

kaciealexa. thanks.. I'll have to check those out. It would definately be worth it for sure. Do you have a picture you can post or pm me? Are they flat or the high ones?

Kat

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 2:41pm
post #26 of 29

here is the info. on how it all began

http://www.cupcakecourier.com/aboutus.asp

katwomen1up Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 2:56pm
post #27 of 29

I think I will invest, or have the family invest, haha. Birthday coming up and Christmas was just here, so what could a person want? Now I know , thanks

Kat

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 3:09pm
post #28 of 29

Tupperware. It holds 18 good size icing tops and flips over to hold a 9 x 13 sheet cake. Pricey at $46 but has a LIFETIME warranty against breaking!
www.tupperware.com

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:15am
post #29 of 29

this looks great thanks for the info guys

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%