Everybody Post (Class 4)

Decorating By Sugarbean Updated 12 Feb 2007 , 11:19pm by mthiberge

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 4:31am
post #1 of 17

Here's my class #2 cake for the wilton Fondant and Gumpaste glass. Anyone else want to post there's?? I know there are a few of us on here taking the class icon_wink.gif

(Not sure I'm going to put these on my website icon_lol.gif )

Draping

Ruffle Border ( I actually like this) There isn't a crumb on there either, it must have been some dust on my lens. icon_lol.gif

My hankie (sp?)

Ribbon Border

16 replies
nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 4:36am
post #2 of 17

This is for your first Wilton Fondant and Gumpaste class?

Sugarbean Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 4:38am
post #3 of 17

This is the project for class 2. I'm a seasoned vetren with fondant if that is what your asking icon_wink.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 4:40am
post #4 of 17

icon_lol.gif That is not at all what I was implying- never Sugar Bean!! icon_lol.gif

How are you in your second class already? I thought the classes barely started this week? icon_confused.gif

Sugarbean Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 4:43am
post #5 of 17

Ours started last week, first Friday in Feb. And well, today is the second Friday in Feb icon_lol.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 4:43am
post #6 of 17

I think some started last week

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 8:14am
post #7 of 17

I'll post mine tomorow L...
It's 1:15am....just got home...to tired to function....been up since 4:30am yesterday....I don't even know why I stopped at the computer...LOL...*yawn*....zzzzzzzzz

mthiberge Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 12:33am
post #8 of 17

Ok...here are my Wilton gumpaste class 2 pictures...
LL
LL
LL

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 12:40am
post #9 of 17

My second class is on Thursday so will try to post next weekend.

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 1:04am
post #10 of 17

where are they offering these classes? i want to take it!!!

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 1:08am
post #11 of 17

there is a gallery for class cakes in case you guys were wondering...

Sugarbean Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 6:48am
post #12 of 17

Sweet Thanks Risque!! I didn't know that! icon_smile.gif

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:14am
post #13 of 17

Lol, I didn't know that eighter..didn't even know I could see all the latest downloads eighter till one day I was too bored and fell over the threads that mentioned it!

So, now...I spend less time on CC hehehe!

cos when I come in I can just hit that "latest upload" and see all the new pics ...all in one shot!

Yay!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 7:03pm
post #14 of 17

Did you add some gum to the twisty swags?? Just curious...
Cute cakes and love the techniques they are teaching now! Please post more pictures of the next classes, would love to see the flowers. Thanks for sharing.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 7:22pm
post #15 of 17

Those cakes look great! I've taken the first class to course 4, & it seems like it could be expensive. I also wasn't very impressed with the cakes in the Wilton course book. Does anyone else feel the same way? I guess I was kind of expecting more after the completion of course 3. It all seems pretty basic with fondant cut-outs. One more complaint....I think that I need a tutorial just to use that fondant cutter thing.
I am excited about the gumpaste carnations! Wish there were a few more gumpaste flowers!

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 7:45pm
post #16 of 17

I signed up for this class and missed the first one last week due to horrid winter weather conditions. Police were telling people to not go out so I didn't! Now, guess what? We are under a winter storm watch for this Tuesday (class is that night!) with 6-12 inches of snow expected!! If I miss this week, I'm sure my wonderful WMI will let me make them up next time she offers the class! These first 2 classes are pretty much review for me so I'm not too worried about missing them. icon_rolleyes.gif The last two are gum paste flowers and that is what I really want to learn! icon_razz.gif

mthiberge Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 11:19pm
post #17 of 17

lecrn,
Don't get me started on the "am I dissapointed with the wilton gumpaste course" question...the answer is YES!! But I like to get out in the evenings and it's nice to spend time with the other ladies that like cake too. The way I understand it, is this is a beginner gumpaste course (in case you don't know how to use cookie cutters....) like course one. Maybe there will be more courses to follow that will be more in dept...who knows with Wilton...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%