Ok....lightbulb Moment Here!!!

Lounge By JennT Updated 28 Oct 2005 , 9:02pm by meme

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 15

OK....lightbulb moment here!!!

I think it was Advent68 (or Adven6icon_cool.gif who was telling us that a Martha Stewart producer contacted her & asked if she'd send in a tape of herself & her cakes...in hopes of making it onto the show. Just an idea here - but if she does make it on, maybe she could get permission from Jackie to name drop CC and give a tidbit of info about it with the web address!!! Then who knows.......that could lead to "Special Guests" occaisionally!! Do a Q & A with them or something!!! Even though this site has a very large membership, there's still thousands out there who haven't seen it/heard of it yet....but then so many people would join and then Jackie would have to start charging people....so maybe I'd better keep my mouth shut!!! lol icon_rolleyes.gif Or maybe not....think of the sponsors she could get THEN!!! With being mentioned on MS and having some of the pros, (such as Colette, of course, Toba, Sam & the others you mentioned, Lisa) stop by for chats....she'd be rakin' in the dough!!!

I'll stop now...can you tell if I have just a seed of an idea I take it all the way and then some??? hahaha This applies to cakes too, but I just don't have the skills yet to bring these ideas to life!! icon_razz.gif

14 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 15

That would be something! I 'm already picturing it in my head. Martha asks so where do you get all your great ideas.... icon_smile.gif

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

Think we could get Colette to join icon_lol.gif ? I would love it if we could have some kind of live chat in the forum with some of the pros.

You can only but ask..there are only 2 answers...YES....or .....NO..lol

that's what my mom says anyways!

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 15

What a WONDERFUL idea!!

OMGOSH OMGOSH!!!!!

JennT Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 15

Wait a second...I'm confused! I thought I posted this comment under the Cakes by Sam thread (in response to someting Lisa had said about having Collette and others do chats or something)...did someone move it?? I'm ok with that, just confused...lol...I know - I'm crazy!!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 15

You're not crazy...the topic was split. I guess someone thought your idea deserved it's own thread thumbs_up.gif

JennT Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 11:36pm
post #7 of 15

Well, well!! That's just fine by me!! hahaha icon_lol.gif I have to say that after mulling it over again that it is a pretty fine idea! lol icon_cool.gif How COOL would that be if something like that did happen??!! WOW!!! Jackie (& Heath & everyone else who make this such a great place) DEFINITELY deserve the attention & spotlight it would bring onto our little 2nd home here. And I guess I did kinda get wayyy OT from that thread with the idea/comment...sorry 'bout that icon_redface.gif

Esther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Esther Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson

What a WONDERFUL idea!!

OMGOSH OMGOSH!!!!!

Your right. That would be AWSOME!! I probably would missspell (spelling? LOL) every word and make HUGE grammar mistakes LOL icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 2:29am
post #9 of 15

Esther,

I would probably be so nervous that I wouldn't know what to say! I would probably be a little intimidated....But I love the idea!!

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 12:53pm
post #10 of 15

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 2:39pm
post #11 of 15

Hi guys...I haven't heard from Martha yet....it's been 4 days......the trouble is, although they did call me, I don't know if I am one of a few or one of many? I would assume they get so many requests that they don't need to call people, so I'm keeping my hopes up. The cake I sent to her was my Jack in the Purple Box.....

Anyway...I already asked Jackie if it would be ok to mention CC....my true source of inspiration.....she said yes, as long as they let me. So....I'll represent us all!!!

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

JennT Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 3:01pm
post #12 of 15

That's great that Jackie's cool with it!!! I just KNOW you'll get on....especially if you sent them the jack-in-the-box cake...it's so unbelievably awesome!!! For them to have called you & asked for a tape, I would think you're one of a few. What I think might be the draw for them to have you on is that cakes like that don't usually come from the home-baker, or someone who has a small biz out of their home....at least in their minds, that's probably what they're thinking when they look at your cake. They think that cakes of that caliber just have to come from a bakery where the maker is culinarily educated or something....they just have no idea, huh??!! lol I think even MS herself would be impressed if she stopped by CC & had a gander at the galleries....so much self-taught talent here!!!

I have actually mentioned you & this opportunity for you in my prayers many times since you first mentioned it here on CC!! And I'm gonna keep it up too. It would just be so great for you....plus - I could live a little vicariously thru you while you're on that stage talking to MS!!!! hehehe icon_rolleyes.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 4:58pm
post #13 of 15

Jennt.....Thank you so much! It's very true that just the fact that I did this out of my home might have impressed them because they specified "no professionals, please". I wish they would let me know either way because the suspense is killing me!!!

Thanks for saying a prayer for me....I actually feel selfish asking for this opportunity in my prayers....I just thank God every morning that I wake up, and that I have what I have.

It's really an honor for me that they even called me and I'm grateful just for that.

Thanks again for your good thoughts....

JennT Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 7:37pm
post #14 of 15

Hey...God is a loving God...and I believe it pleases him to "allow" us stuff that just makes us happy sometimes...not everything has to be a need - wants are ok sometimes, I think! lol icon_rolleyes.gif I think it actually says somewhere in scripture (not sure where by my DH could quote it precisely) something to the affect of ..." Believe in me & I will grant you the desires of your heart." So there ya go!! hahaha icon_biggrin.gif

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 9:02pm
post #15 of 15

adven68, that cake was awesome there is no way Martha didn't do a double take on it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%