Wilton Cakes 'n More Party Stand ?

Decorating By Destini Updated 14 Feb 2007 , 3:13pm by lionladydi

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 22

I wanted to try on of the designs in the '07 yearbook that's displayed on the cakes 'n more stand. Since I will Have to travel with the cake I want to know if those glass plates lift out?
LL

21 replies
mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 22

yes, they sure do lift out.. pretty easy to assemble.

Destini Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 22

Thanks for the fast response. I'm on my way to Hobby Lobby !!!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 22

The plates are actually plastic. I love this stand. Easy to assemble and very pretty.

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 22

Plastic plates very easy to lift out. Easy to assemble. I love mine! icon_smile.gif

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 22

First of all, they aren't glass, they're plastic. It is easy to assemble once you've done it the first time. I put mine together last Saturday for the first time. I stood there and stared at the pieces and stared and stared and could not for the life of me imagine how it worked. When my feeble brain clicked, it was a cinch. Anyway, I didn't take it completely apart when they brought it home. I put it in a big box with the legs on it. icon_lol.gif

Do not put your cakes directly on the plastic plates as they will get scratched when you cut the cake. My son made me some lightweight cake boards out of paneling samples and I put no-skid stuff between the cake boards and the plastic inserts. I would not transport it with the cake on the stand. Just take the cakes seperately and put them on once you get there.

Diane

adrisss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adrisss Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 22

I also have one and happy with it, the plates are acrylic or some type of plastic that you can easily clean, just be carefull with the scratches.

icon_smile.gif

Adriana

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:23pm
post #8 of 22

Destini,

If you are going to HObby Lobby make sure to get on their website first and print their 40% off coupon. icon_wink.gif

adrisss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adrisss Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 7:14pm
post #9 of 22

I also have one and happy with it, the plates are acrylic or some type of plastic that you can easily clean, just be carefull with the scratches.

icon_smile.gif

Adriana

Destini Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 22

Thank you all so much. I printed out that 40% coupon. I was glad to hear it was acrylic instead of glass(one less thing for Christian to break). icon_biggrin.gif

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 1:22am
post #11 of 22

I just got mine at JoAnn's today with 50% off coupon and my gift card from Christmas. Can't wait to use. icon_smile.gif

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 2:11am
post #12 of 22

I love my cakes n more stand. I have used it a couple of times already. It is easy to put together and clean. It's also great for appetizers and other uses at parties.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 2:18am
post #13 of 22

So pleased to hear everyone's delight over this.. bought it today at Hobby Lobby with my 40% coupon and then they give 10% for military ID holders... so I got it for half off.. which worked perfect. I do have a question though, do you have to use all 3 tiers at once? My friend is having a wedding ceremony, they are already married, so it is the pomp and circumstance.. they only want 2 layers.. so could I use it for this? I have my eye on the 17" scroll at michael's that is marked down to nothing, but am waiting to get a coupon, they won't take ones printed off of the net... and my papers have been awful about having them lately.

lionladydi Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 2:45am
post #14 of 22

SouthernSuziesSweets, I don't know if you could use just two tiers or not. Would have to put it together to see but if not you could just put some fresh flowers or a pic of the bride & groom on one tier.

Diane

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:11pm
post #15 of 22

Super great idea about the pics... and flowers, maybe both!

Destini Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 3:28pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

SouthernSuziesSweets, I don't know if you could use just two tiers or not. Would have to put it together to see but if not you could just put some fresh flowers or a pic of the bride & groom on one tier.

Diane

Fantastic Idea, Diane!

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 2:57am
post #17 of 22

Does anyone know if you can actually put the same size of cakes on the stand as the plates? They say they are 12, 10, & 8 do you have to use 10, 8, & 6 cakes? I have a grooms cake to to next month and they need it to feed 150. She said to make 1 each of the smaller cakes and then as many as needed of the big one to get to 150 people.
Melissa

lionladydi Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 4:04am
post #18 of 22

If you were to use the same size cakes as the plates, there would be no room for trim as the metal rim that holds the plate in place would be in the way. Is there any way you could do the 6, 8, and 10 inch tiers and then do a sheetcake to make enough servings?

Diane

Destini Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 10:31am
post #19 of 22
mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 12:26pm
post #20 of 22

Thanks, I found Dougs template yesterday. I thought I was going to have to go with the 6, 8, and 10 because of the frame but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I will make extras of the 10" all the same and they will just trade them out. They will cut up the 10's first before cutting the two smaller cakes. Now I have one more thing floating in my mind what would you think about makning the cakes with 2.5 layers. I could make an extra of each size and place it on top and the cake would be about 6" tall? Do you think they would look funny? Its not a big deal I can make three of the tens just throwing some ideas around.
Thanks

novice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novice Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 12:48pm
post #21 of 22

I purchased this stand at the cake store, but when putting it together found that the stand cascades the opposite direction as the pictures in the Wilton book. Did I put it together wrong? It looks like there is only one way to put it together, so I am not sure what I did wrong. My daughter in law had the same problem with hers.

lionladydi Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 3:13pm
post #22 of 22

I think the extra 10" layers would be better. Don't know why I didn't think of that instead of saying make a sheet cake. DUH!

JMO

Diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%