Moist Pound Cake

Decorating By briansbaker Updated 15 Mar 2005 , 4:44pm by briansbaker

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 6

It's me again!!! How is everyone? icon_biggrin.gif ok here is my Q.
Does anyone have a good recipe for a moist pound cake? And also could I bake a pound cake in a regular pan? icon_confused.gif ( without the hole in the center) I want to try a pound cake with some sort of creamy icing yet stabilized for the sweet sixteen coming up in april. Has anyone ever had sour cream icing? I was watching Food Network and Paul Deen was taste testing wedding cakes and I believe she was tasting a pound cake with sour cream icing and I missed what she said when she mentioned the filling icon_mad.gif ..Did anyone watch that? I want to try this today..
Another Q.
How in the world do you roll out the MM fondant? I tried it and when that stuff cooled off it was very hard to roll out. It was like elastic.. Any tips?
I have tons of Q's and just can't think about it now.. So I'll be back here in a few..Thanks in advance!!!

5 replies
Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 6

Try the cake doctor, she has lots of recipes in there. If you need one I can e-mail it to you.

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 6

Hi, I only have a comment on the MM fondant part of your question. Maybe you have used too much marshmallows because I use the MM fondant alot and have never had the problem of it being like elastic, it always rolls out fine for me. It took me about 5 batches of the stuff to get how to make it right, it is a fine line between it being too sticky or too dry so you may need to play with it a bit, also you have to knead it for at least 5 minutes, when you pinch a piece between your fingers, it should be smooth and not cracked at all, when it is smooth you have kneaded it enough.
Hope that helped icon_rolleyes.gif

Peachez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachez Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 6

briansbaker~
I actually recorded the whole wedding weekend on the Food Network. *GOD bless the person who invented cable* The Paula Deen wedding was included in that. I was planning on having a t.v. marathon tonight while making a boatload of pearls for a bridal shower cake for this weekend. I'll let you know tomorrow what type of cake and icing she was tasting if someone doesn't answer you before that. Also, with the MM fondant, I found that if it gets a little tough to work with you can pop it into the microwave for 10 seconds and it's nice and workable. Oh, and if you see that it's starting to crack a little bit I found that a tiny bit of Crisco on my hands while working with the MM fondant keeps it from drying out.

Good Luck thumbs_up.gif

Peachez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachez Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:29am
post #5 of 6

The cake that Paula Deen was taste testing was sour cream pound cake with almond & orange extract with almond butter cream icing. I just got a new recipe for pound cake and will be trying it out soon. It is promised to be very moist....we'll see. I'll let you know if it works out and share the recipe. Also, you can bake a pound cake in a regular pan you just have to lower the heat of the oven and bake it longer.

Hope that helps... icon_smile.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 6

Peachez your a goddess..It was killing me not knowing what it was!!! thank you so much.. Only problem I don't have orange extract.. hmmm.. Guess I have to make another trip to the store..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%