Your Morning Giggle

Decorating By Melvira Updated 6 Feb 2007 , 7:17pm by Melvira

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 13

I'm sure a lot of you have heard this before, but I received it this morning via email and it made me smile. I figured this was fitting...

A Doctor was addressing a large audience in Tampa.

"The material we put into our stomachs is enough to kill us. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. High fat diets can be disastrous, and none of us realize the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water..

But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have, or will, eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?"

After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old man in the front row raised his hand, and softly said, "Wedding Cake?"

12 replies
bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 13

CUTE!

BTW - congrats on your member spotlight!

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 13

Giggle giggle.

icon_lol.gif

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 13

Thanks. I needed that. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Wedding Cake. Hee hee hee.

CajunDaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CajunDaisy Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 13

Too funny! Thanks for sharing!

angief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angief Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 13

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I haven't heard that one before. Thanks for the giggle! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:36pm
post #7 of 13

bkd... you're killing me with your avatar!! Sometimes I wonder if anyone remembers those characters, what with all the Ninja turtles and Pokemon (or whatever it's called) stuff that everyone loves now (nothing against them!!). My brother does the funniest impression of that laugh!! It slays me every time! Bless you for giving me another smile!

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:43pm
post #8 of 13

My pleasure! He makes me smile, too! We actually had a dog named Muttley, because he seemed to smile/snicker sometimes. He was a great dog. My kids have no clue about Dastardly & Muttley, or Penelope Pitstop. They love Scooby Doo, though! Maybe there is hope for them, yet!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:47pm
post #9 of 13

Congrats on your member spotlight, thanks for the morning laugh.

SweetTreatsbyCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyCarol Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 4:29pm
post #10 of 13

Teehee, thanks for the laugh! I usually say that I've been married twice because I LIKE the wedding cake!!

Melvira Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 4:47pm
post #11 of 13

Haha Carol... you DO know that you don't HAVE to get married to have the cake, right? Hehehe. Teasing! But that's too funny! I bet that gets some looks!

Thanks tyty!!

And bkd... all I can hear in my head right now is, "Muttley! DO something!!" I'm going to be saying that for a week now! icon_wink.gif

SweetTreatsbyCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyCarol Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 7:11pm
post #12 of 13

Melvira,

Wellll.....now that I know how to make my own cakes, with that tasty buttercream icing, my current boyfriend who IS a very special person in my life, better understand that I'll only do this again, if I am very, very certain that he is "THE ONE".

Melvira Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 7:17pm
post #13 of 13

Heh heh! Poor guy... he's gonna have to WORK FOR IT! OH NO!!! icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%