How Could I Incorporate A 2 On This Cake?

Decorating By Momofjakeandjosh Updated 11 Feb 2007 , 4:35pm by leily

Momofjakeandjosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momofjakeandjosh Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:01am
post #1 of 10

Someone would like my present cake for their daughter's 2nd birthday, but would like to incorporate a 2 on it in some way. Any ideas? (I am hoping to attach the picture of the present cake I'm referring to, but I have never done this. I apologize if the picture doesn't show up!)

9 replies
Momofjakeandjosh Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:32am
post #2 of 10

Trying to add the picture . . .

Momofjakeandjosh Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:33am
post #3 of 10

OK. The cake is in my pictures. Anyone know how to add a picture?

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:40am
post #4 of 10

Okay, first things first. Are you talking about the Wilton 3 Fondant present cake in your gallery? If so, why not do fondant cut outs of 2's with a small cookie cutter to match the color scheme either instead of or in addition to the flowers.

Adding Attachments: When you post (NOT in the quick reply) at the bottom of the box you will find the add attachment button, click it and follow directions. It's just like uploading a pic to your gallery.

Beth in KY

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:42am
post #5 of 10

I made a cake for my Brother and his Fiancee for their engagement party. I just made a tag on that cake that you could do for yours, so that the tag reads "Happy 2nd Birthday". (it's in my photos)

Or maybe make it look like wrapping paper that has the number 2?

Or right "Happy 2nd Birthday" along the lengths of ribbons/loops?

As for attaching photos to the posts... there is a button to click on under the box where you type your post that reads "add an attachment". Click on that and then click on "browse" to locate your photo within your computer folders. Click add (or attach, can't remember) and it should load.

HTH!
Mirjana

Momofjakeandjosh Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 12:52am
post #6 of 10

Thanks! I like the idea of the gift tag. Would I do that in fondant?

Also, she asked for a price quote. Tell me what you think. . . I told her that if she wanted it frosted in buttercream with a fondant bow, $40, and if she wanted it all covered in fondant like the picture, $55. I haven't covered a cake in fondant since that class. I think it tastes gross, so I haven't played with it more than accent stuff you wouldn't eat. Does that price sound reasonable? I guesstimated how much it'd cost me and doubled it. I've never sold someone a cake before. I've only done them as gifts for people so far.

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:28am
post #7 of 10

You MUST try the MMF for the cake. It is so tasty and easy to work with. It is a real hit. Oh and by the way - your cakes are wonderful.

karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 3:37am
post #8 of 10

I wasn't able to post pics until I realized that my pics were too big. You might need to resize them to get them to CC's maximum. I think it says what that is somewhere on the attachment portion of the post. I would check the size of my pics by clicking on "properties." Then I'd use a photo editing program to resize. I think I ended up using a 4x6 size and that worked.

moptop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moptop Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 5:48am
post #9 of 10

use the 2 as the pattern for the wrapping paper.... have them going all different directions so some are on angles and running into others... difficult to explain in words.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 4:35pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofjakeandjosh

Also, she asked for a price quote. Tell me what you think. . . I told her that if she wanted it frosted in buttercream with a fondant bow, $40, and if she wanted it all covered in fondant like the picture, $55.

The price will depend on the size of the cake. Do you know how many servings she is looking for?

Also will it be filled with anything other than buttercream?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%