Lingerie Cake

Decorating By TJB22 Updated 12 Feb 2007 , 2:28am by TJB22

TJB22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJB22 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 5:04am
post #1 of 13

Hi, I am new to this board and to cake decorating . Everyone here is so talented! I would like to make my husband one of the bustier cakes with the heart pan, I have the 10" pan and am wondering if I would be able to use the regular size sports ball pan or do I need to use the mini pan? Thank you in advance for any help.
Toni icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 5:13am
post #2 of 13

Toni, there are some pictures of those types of cakes in the gallery. I don't know if you've discovered yet that you can send someone a private message? If you see a cake you like, you can send them a private message directly to their Cake Central in-box.
Good luck
Pam

jacqrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacqrose Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 5:21am
post #3 of 13

I have always used those "snowballs" that hostess makes for the bust area... you can always find them next to the twinkies. Hope this helps.

TJB22 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 5:25am
post #4 of 13

Thank you, I did not know how to private message someone. I will have to find those snowballs, that is a good idea.
Thanks again,
Toni icon_biggrin.gif

TJB22 Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 13

I made my first lingerie cake icon_lol.gif It turned out ok I guess, I am still in Class 1 so I had no idea on the ruffle and the lace technique. I was inspired by all the other lingerie cakes on here and everyone did such a great job, I wanted to try one. Its made out of BC, 12" heart and the 3-d sports ball mold.
I did try to use the MMF and it was a total disaster icon_cry.gif not to sure if I like that stuff.
This is a great site I just love it and glad I found it.

Toni icon_biggrin.gif
LL

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 13

Great cake! I actually think the ruffles and lace look good=) Jen

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 6:54pm
post #7 of 13

Beautiful job! If you are still in class one and did such a great job I can't wait to see what you do when you finish class 3.

TJB22 Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 10:20pm
post #8 of 13

Thank you for the comments, it gives me great encouragement. icon_smile.gif I cant wait to take the rest of the classes, I am really enjoying learning all the neat tricks. This has proven to be very addicting. I want more stuff icon_lol.gif

Toni icon_biggrin.gif

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 10:25pm
post #9 of 13

be careful where you post these cakes! lol as long as you don't show any naughty bits you can post in regular galleries..otherwise..you have to put them in the naughty ones!

Great cake!!

TJB22 Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 10:35pm
post #10 of 13

OOPs Sorry I guess I didnt realize this would be classified as naughty. icon_redface.gif I hope this was not offensive to anyone, that was not my intention.

Toni icon_biggrin.gif

baker4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker4life Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 10:41pm
post #11 of 13

No, no offense taken. Great job on the cake!!
And welcome to the addiction known as Cake Central!! thumbs_up.gif

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 11 Feb 2007 , 11:30pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJB22

OOPs Sorry I guess I didnt realize this would be classified as naughty. icon_redface.gif I hope this was not offensive to anyone, that was not my intention.

Toni icon_biggrin.gif

Oh that is sooooo rich! Have you SEEN my web site? lol NO offense and it's NOT a naughty cake...

just was giving you a "heads up" in case you got a little bit "BOLDER".. icon_lol.gif

I'm still cracking up! thumbs_up.gif

TJB22 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 2:28am
post #13 of 13

Ok now I am laughing, I see what you mean. I did go to your website and look around...WOW icon_lol.gif
After I read the post I thought yikes I put the pic in the wrong place. There are sooo many ideas to make cakes into, can't wait until my skills get better.

Thanks again,
Toni icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%