Decorated Cookie Dough Questions

Decorating By texastwinkie Updated 21 Oct 2005 , 3:20am by aliciaL_77

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 2:53am
post #1 of 6

All of you talented cookie decorators have inspired me and I will be working on my first batch this weekend. I have a few questions about the cookie recipes from Kitchen Collectables. I'm going to use the No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and wondered if this recipe is suitable and stable enough to use as bouquet cookies with sticks inserted? Would it be better to use the other recipe titled Cookies On a Stick? Also want to know how thick I need to roll the dough for both cookie recipes and how long do you bake them? I don't believe either recipe mentions that information.

5 replies
sweettreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreasures Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 3:00am
post #2 of 6

Was wondering these exact same questions about 2 days ago...thanks for asking...hope someone answers...

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 3:08am
post #3 of 6

I don't use those recipes so I am not much help with that.
I can tell you that I roll my cookies 3/8 in thick for the sticks. I put mine in before I bake them.
Baking them depends on the pan you use. If you use an airflow one it takes longer..about 12- 13 minutes.

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 3:15am
post #4 of 6

Does anyone recommend another recipe that might be better? Also do any of you freeze your cookie dough?

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 3:17am
post #5 of 6

I haven't put sticks on my cookies yet so I can't comment on that but I have used the no fail cookie recipe twice now. I rolled my cookies out 1/4 of an inch. I think if they are not very detailed you could roll them thinner if you wanted to. I only had one roof break off my houses and that was my fault I think I was bumping it too hard to make an air bubble fill back in after I popped it. This recipe made a very study cookie so I think it would be fine with stick inserted in them.

Good Luck!!

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 3:20am
post #6 of 6

I don't see why the no fail would not work for bouquets... they seemed pretty sturdy to me.. just roll them out thicker

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%