My First Tiered Cake

Decorating By Yizzi Updated 4 Feb 2007 , 4:30pm by gibson

Yizzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yizzi Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:33am
post #1 of 17

We celebrated our daughters first birthday today. We have a ton of family so I wanted to do something big. I found a cake online just like this one... except it was butterflies. This was my first shot at a tiered cake. You can see I had to do two rows of shells around one layer... just couldn't get it perfect. But all in all I am pretty happy with the cake. It is covered with buttercream and then all of the extra pieces are chocolate clay. Enjoy!
LL

16 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:35am
post #2 of 17

AWESOME job! Love the colors

ang_ty95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ang_ty95 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:38am
post #3 of 17

That's great for your first tiered cake! It's very nice.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:38am
post #4 of 17

I think your cake is adorable, I remember my first 3 tiered stacked cake, how scary yet so easy aren't? I know the feeling of making our own children's cake, keep on baking

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:40am
post #5 of 17

I like it. It's very contemporary. Well-done! My first tiered cake was. . .eh. . .not meant to be a topsy turvy but in the end was? icon_lol.gif

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:44am
post #6 of 17

oooohhh ... i love it!! Cool cake thumbs_up.gif

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:47am
post #7 of 17

That is so super duper cute! Great job. thumbs_up.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:47am
post #8 of 17

Great job!!! I know the thick border wasn't what you planned, but it works really well on a playful design like this. I'll bet everyone was blown away. It's beautiful! I hope your daughter got to stick her finger in it. icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:53am
post #9 of 17

Nice cake! Love your color combinations. What a lucky little girl to get a cake like this on her 1st birthday! Can't wait to see what her 2nd bday cake looks like! icon_smile.gif

Lea

Yizzi Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 4:03am
post #10 of 17

Thanks everyone! Yes, she did "stick her fingers in it"! Ha! It is crazy how many hours we spend on cakes to let it be totally demolished icon_smile.gif
LL

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 4:04am
post #11 of 17

Yizzi,
That is a great cake! The colors and design are fantastic. You did great for a first tiered cake. I haven't really done a tiered cake other than the one for Wilton Course 3. I am going to have to do a stacked tiered cake for my daughter's wedding in a few months and am very nervous about it.
Bradymom

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 4:07am
post #12 of 17

What a precious precious picture of your baby girl eating that cake!! She is a doll!! icon_smile.gif

Lea

Yizzi Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 4:09am
post #13 of 17

Thank you so much!

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 4:10am
post #14 of 17

lovely cake and what a lovely baby you have!!!!!

Congrats on both! icon_smile.gif

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 8:04am
post #15 of 17

Awwwwwwwww That is precious!!!!!!!!!!!! The cake and your baby girl!
icon_biggrin.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif we just celebrated my babies 1st b-day on Jan 19th and the cake i made just fell apart! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I bet you feel SOOOOOOOOOOOO relieved!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Yizzi Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 2:12pm
post #16 of 17

Oh goodness! I'm sorry about your cake!! Relief... YES! I built the cake around 9 am - the party wasn't until 1. But since I had never stacked a cake before...I wanted to give myself pleanty of time. I freaked out whenever anyone walked into the kitchen or bumped the table before the party. My husband said, "Just take a picture-- so if it falls over we can put the picture on the TV for everyone to see and say, See THIS is what you could have had if you were here at 10!" What a jokester icon_razz.gif

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 4:30pm
post #17 of 17

I think your cake turned out great! Love your bows!
Your daughter is just way too cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%