What Do You Think?

Decorating By MommyEdzards Updated 4 Feb 2007 , 4:26am by Sugarbunz

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:08am
post #1 of 17

Ok.... I delivered this wedding cake today and the manager of the country club decided to let me know how ugly she thought it was. In shock, I said well it's not perfect.... and she said.... YES! IT'S NOT! tapedshut.gif
I have never had this problem and was about to give up on ever doing wedding cakes again. I made my neighbor go have a margarita with me to help me get over this icon_biggrin.gif I just got a call from a friend who was at the wedding.... they all loved it. The top layer was carrot cake, then Chocolate kahlua cake, and the bottom was white with raspberry. Give me your honest opinions.... should I throw in the towel or was this lady crazy??
Thanks!
Lisa
The file is too big..... look in my photos. It is the last uploaded wedding cake.

16 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:16am
post #2 of 17

the manager must have been allergic to flowers ...

that or a total FOOL!!!

great job!

mommabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabear Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:21am
post #3 of 17

If it's what the bride wanted who gives a rats behind what the managers personal opinion is. She was rude and should have kept her comment to herself. Dont give up!! Apparently everyone else liked it right??

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:23am
post #4 of 17

Nope, she's nuts - great job!
Was she just "jelly"???

Twerp was probably jealous that they didn't do the job. icon_smile.gif

Don't sweat it and don't give up!

~Hugs~

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:24am
post #5 of 17

I think it is beautiful.The manager should learn to keep her mouth shut!!Don't quit decorating!!!
Some people can be such a horses but!!!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:24am
post #6 of 17

What a pinhead that manager is! I'll bet her niece or best friend does wedding cakes and she thinks you're muscling in on their business.

That cake is beautiful. And it sounds delish! Don't give that frootloop's rude, idiotic comments another thought. Her ugliness is more of a reflection on her than your lovely cake.

I wonder who else's life she made miserable that day. ...witch

baker4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker4life Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:26am
post #7 of 17

What a wench!! icon_mad.gif

Don't let it get to you, you did a FANTASTIC job on the cake!! It turned out gorgeous!

I would've liked to see her make a better cake. I swear, people have become SO RUDE nowadays!! thumbsdown.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:27am
post #8 of 17

If she is not the bride who cares, if the bride's not happy.....
I think your cake is great, all your cakes are wonderful don't stop because one lady doesn't like what you do!!! you can't make everyone happy I love your cake and I am not a fan of flowers on cakes!
that doesn't make them ugly crazy lady!

baker4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker4life Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:29am
post #9 of 17

P.S.-Is there a way for you to contact the owner of the country club and let them know how UNPROFESSIONAL their manager?

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:30am
post #10 of 17

Thanks for the support CC Gang! She said ... Are you just a friend of the family who did this for them" Gee whiz!!! I know I'm not a pro and i know I should not let it bother me, but HOW RUDE. She pointed out every little flaw in front of everyone there..... the DJ, the florist, the servers, ect.
Thanks for letting me whine icon_redface.gif
Lisa

ang_ty95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ang_ty95 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:32am
post #11 of 17

Your cake is beautiful and you did a great job! I think you should complain to the manager's boss for her lack of professionalism as it's in poor taste for her to comment on your work. You were hired by the bride and did what she requested not this manager.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:38am
post #12 of 17

I've given up trying to figure out how other people think...... it gives me a headache ....

So the manager's comments are a mystery to me, too!

May be she has a "cake" person she always recommends or perhaps she was just having a horrible day and wanted to share icon_sad.gif

Bottom line: your cake was beautiful and tasted great icon_biggrin.gif

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:43am
post #13 of 17

I agree...your cake is beautiful and that woman had no right to share her opinion...try not to let it bother you...you do a great job!! thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:46am
post #14 of 17

Oh, no, no, no, we just went through this a couple of weeks ago. Who was it that delivered a cake to the venue, only to have the venue manager say they were going to spray it with bug spray? The manager was PO'd because the people did not buy the cake from them, so went out of his way to hurt the feelings of the baker that did it. And he was serious, too.

The manager there is probably angry for the same reason. Let's face it, unless they are asking for tons of decorations, there is an admirable amount of mark-up on a wedding cake, and many venues get mad when they are not making the money on it. Especially from home bakers (I do not know what type of business you have). Many upscale venues here will no longer let you bring cakes in from outside, you have to use their baker, or you cannot have a cake.

I think the cake is very, very pretty. Disregard this as a manager's way of hurting your feelings because they lost a couple of dozen bucks on their commission.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:52am
post #15 of 17

Are we talking about that gorgeous white 3 tier cake with the white and pink flowers?

if so,

What in hell was she smoking???

That cake is beautiful.

Angelbaby1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelbaby1973 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 4:20am
post #16 of 17

I thought the Cake was just Beautiful and I would not give up on making cakes because of the lady who Does NOT MAKE CAKES!
YES SHE IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 4:26am
post #17 of 17

Umm, that cake is lovely! I probably would have told her what she could do with her opinion, but that's why I probably won't ever have a business. People like that really get under my skin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%