Need Ideas For A Cardboard Box Cake>>>>>

Decorating By zoozieqv Updated 30 Mar 2005 , 9:27pm by m0use

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 6

My friend is moving and wants to leave behind a cute cake for the new couple buying her house. She is so sweet, she said "I could leave them something sweet and advertise for you at the same time!" Either way, she wants to leave them a cake that looks like a moving box with "Fragile" and "this side up" written on it. I know I could do a cake in the shape of a box and cover with brown fondant. Just wondering if anyone has ever done something like this and if you know of any photos that would help inspire me!! Thanks.
Suzanna icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 6

No, but I wanted to say it's a fantastic idea!!!! I can't wait to see it!!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 6

That is such a sweet idea!! I've never done this kind but it seems you could stack three or four 8" square cakes and have the shape of your box, cover it with fondant and pipe on your message!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 2:42am
post #4 of 6

I've seen one where "Fragile" was sprayed onto the fondant using a stencil. If you don't have an airbrush, you could use the canned sprays. It made it look like it had really been stamped.

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 6

OK, I haven't invested in an airbrush or anything like it yet, so I did the cake without using that technique. I think it turned out pretty good, but do think it would have looked really cool sprayed on! My friend was very happy with it and that's what is important. Thanks for the help!
Suzanna
LL
LL

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 6

Good job, thanks for sharing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%