My Little Pony

Decorating By leily Updated 18 Oct 2005 , 5:42am by lastingmoments

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 5

Next week I will be making a My Little Pony cake for my BF's neice. I had an opps today and now have an extra Bundt cake-yellow cake mix.

I am trying to think of some ideas to use it. We have brainstormed icing it in green like the hill side, then adding a cupcake in the middle to fill up the hole. Ice the middle Blue for a lake/stream, then have a bridge going over the middle of the cake.

I was thinking making a bridge out of MMF and letting it dry, but will this be strong enough to support a small MLP? How thick do I need to make the fondant? I was thinking 1/4 in, but wasnt' sure on this one.

I will also be doing cupcakes for extra servings, any ideas on how to decorate these? I am hoping to display them on the Cupcake N'More stand.

Any help or any other ideas to use this cake for this event is appreciated. Thanks in advance, I will definitely post pictures when I am done with the cake.

Leily

4 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe some kind of rainbow that goes over your cupcake? But ya know I think you're idea is just great.....

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 5

I like your ideas! My suggestion is to dress up the cupcake and more stand. I think it looks kind of blaah and takes away from our work. I used it for baby einstein cupcakes and put shredded crinkle paper on it first. The pic is in my photos.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 5

Newtodecorating-thanks for the great idea on the cupcake stand. I was trying to figure out how I could use it without having to make all the cupcake b/c we wont' need that many servings, but we still need more than the cake will serve. After looking at your's I really like how that turned out. Doesn't look empty icon_smile.gif

Does anyone have any recommendations on how thick I need to make the MMF to support at least part of the weight of the MLP? Also will fondant work? Or does anyone have a better recommendation of what would work?

I would like to get the Bridge started today as I took the day off of work and have time incase it doesn't work like planned.

Thanks for answering so quickly!

Leily

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 5:42am
post #5 of 5

try a 1/4 inch and then make sure that half way through you flip it over so the back can drie out also.....If you have a weeks time this should work.... I think it hold the weight of the "BABY PONY" I just bought those and they seem light.....
Im doing a cake for the my DD in three weeks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%