Wannabe Cake Baker

Decorating By CarolinaSweets Updated 3 Feb 2007 , 3:28pm by CarolinaSweets

CarolinaSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaSweets Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 12:30am
post #1 of 6

Hi to everyone,
My Name is Sandy. And I'm trying to find my place in this "World". I have worked most of my life at a 9-5 job, took up doing yard work for the elderly, faux painting and now I'm just a "pack mom" of 2 Toby-min-pin,and charlie a ? I have been trying my hand at cake decorating with a martha stewart cake set I ordered years ago. I made my husband and my dad's b'day cakes in Jan. and it was very challenging which I like that.
So I signed up for a class at our community college and I am also thinking of taking a Wilton class at one of the locations suggested on the wilton site. If anyone can give me any insight to where I should begin besides just practicing which I have been, I would be so GREATFUL!
Thank you,
Sandy icon_smile.gif

5 replies
SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 12:36am
post #2 of 6

Well I think you have started in the right place.. right here at Cake Central.. you can find anything you need here and if not, we can help you find it. I think the cake classes are a great idea... find out of the community college ones are taught by a wilton method's instructor... if they are, don't take both classe, save money for cake supplies.. because it does get pricey the deeper into the addiction you become! Good luck!

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 12:41am
post #3 of 6

Hi Sandy

welcome to Cake Central, i cant help you with what courses to take as i live in Australia. But that being said, Cake Central is a fantastic place and i am sure you will find everything you need to know right here...

cheers

kylie

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 12:46am
post #4 of 6

Welcome

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 1:53am
post #5 of 6

You will learn SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH here!!!!!!!! I haven't had a class yet (i had to leave my wilton course because of my baby girl) but everything I have learned I got from here. There is always someone to answer your question and give ideas. WELCOME!!

CarolinaSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaSweets Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks to you all, you are such a inspiring and supportive group. All of the responses and comments are so much appreciated. God Bless You All.

Sandy thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%