Pottery Barn Garden Party

Decorating By coolmom Updated 3 Feb 2007 , 5:53am by melysa

coolmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmom Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to do a BC iced cake with MMF accents to match this pattern (2-3 tiers). Just wondering what ideas you all have to accomplish this. The flowers aren't exact shapes, so they would be hard to duplicate using a cutter, right? What do you think?

7 replies
melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 8

do they want EXACT matching? i think you could pull of a close match...at least they'd get the idea...if you used the wilton gumpaste flower cutter set.

other ideas...

1. chocolate transfers
2. fbct
3. freehand royal icing
4. painting directly on fondant with gel colors/extract

with all that said, i LOVE pottery barn! wish i had a girl sometime to get those pretty things!!! (3 boys)

nichi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nichi Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 8

I think painting direct on the fondant is a good idea too. You could use cutters for the basic shape then paint on the fondant. I think it will a beautiful cake.

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 12:14am
post #4 of 8

i love this website "carries cakes" it has some gorgeous cakes with lots of floral type designs..

http://www.carriescakes.com/cakes.php?style=14&sort=ranking

hope this helps with some inspiration...

kylie

hsdwidow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsdwidow Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 12:21am
post #5 of 8

Hi. Because of other threads today the topic of one stoke painting came up. I looked into it further either on www.michaels.com or just as a search and they showed the step by step picture of how to do it. This seems like something that could go along with those sheets. Good luck.

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 12:26am
post #6 of 8

The thing that came to my mind that would look awesome is Brushed embroidery flowers.

Rachel

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 1:09am
post #7 of 8

I'll go with Brushed embroid flowers as well, but painting direct on the fondant is a good idea too.
I'm sure this is gonna turn out great! Good Luck!
Don't forget to post pics icon_smile.gif

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:53am
post #8 of 8

on this lovely cake by spottydog...she used floral stamps. SO cute!!! maybe your could achieve that on buttercream if it is very well crusted...?....

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=spottydog&cat=0&pos=49#next

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%