Cupcake Cake

Decorating By farrah Updated 14 Oct 2005 , 6:12pm by farrah

farrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farrah Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 5

Hi guys want to make a cupcake cake for bosses day. I want something simple basically to make shape then put the boarder and a few flowers with happy bosses day on top.
My question is how do you get the cupcakes to stay in place to create the top smoothness like a cake and the tops from looking bumpy. Any help would be great!!!!!

4 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 5

Put a dab of icing on the bottom of your cupcakes before you place them down. When you bake cupcakes and you take them out to cool. Place something heavy on top of them and when it cools your cupcakes will be level..

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 5

First of all you glue them down with a small blob of icing under each cupcake after you have determined where you want it on the board.Keep them close together.make sure each cupcake is the same height etc so that the tops are all equal.Use the large icer tip and ice the entire top and then smooth.Decorate the borders etc!!

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 5

Hi Farrah , I made my first one this month and it was a lot of fun to do icon_wink.gif

I got a lot of help from here and I was told to put icing under the cupcake to make it stick like glue and then were you may have tiny gabs between the cupcakes just add more icing to make it look even .

also what helped me is when I poured my batter into the cups I tried to make sure I did that as even as possible .

So good luck and have fun!!

farrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farrah Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 5

thanks ladies you guys rock!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%