Bake Even Strips

Decorating By Keliames Updated 10 Nov 2005 , 3:10am by LittleLinda

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 2:38am
post #31 of 39

I use them all the time and haven't had a problem with any odors. It seems like they help with making the cake more level, but the main reason I use them is my cakes come out of the pans so much nicer. I never felt they were a hassal to mess with.

betycrker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
betycrker Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 3:38pm
post #32 of 39

I like the strips and now there is a new brand called "Even Bake" with velcro closures. no more crazy pins.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 4:35pm
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by betycrker

I like the strips and now there is a new brand called "Even Bake" with velcro closures. no more crazy pins.

Really? Where can you get them?

betycrker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
betycrker Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 4:49pm
post #34 of 39

I know that they are available at a store called Cakewalk Chicago. They don't have online shopping but will ship products. I am not sure what other retailers carry them. But I am glad that someone finally thought to make em with velcro. makes things so much easier.

www.cakewalkchicago.com

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 9:20pm
post #35 of 39

I've always used regular kitchen towels. Easier and cheaper for me. icon_smile.gif

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 9:22pm
post #36 of 39

I've never had any problems with the wilton cake strips. They are wonderful for me. I haven't noticed any taste just a slight plastic cooking smell.

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 9:23pm
post #37 of 39

Double post

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 9 Nov 2005 , 5:27am
post #38 of 39

The last time I used the Wilton ones, After I pulled them off my cake at the end of baking, I put them on the counter. Turned to finish pulling my cake out of the oven and heard a funny crackling sound. When I turned back around, the strips had caught fire and burned a "cigarette" spot on my counter. My husband was so mad at me. We had only been in our house for less than a year.

Never used any of them again.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 3:10am
post #39 of 39

My bake-even strips fell apart, got all crinkly! I made my own out of quilted cotton. The cotton absorbs the water quickly, you don't have to soak, just run under cold water. I use binder clips to hold mine on. I wouldn't bake a cake without them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%