Please Help!!! White Diabetic Cake Recipe Needed

Baking By firegal79 Updated 16 Oct 2005 , 10:11pm by firegal79

firegal79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firegal79 Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 5

I need a recipe for a white cake for diabetics. The one I found on this site uses sorbital and I can't find only in my small town who sells it. Please help. I need it this weekend. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. icon_cry.gif

4 replies
aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 5

Splenda.com has some recipes and they look ok.. some of them use the blend of splenda and sugar but I think there are some with plain splenda

firegal79 Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you soo much.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 5

Hi.. I recently had to do a low sugar cake for a function for an elderly group. What I did was use my favorite pound cake recipe and substituted the SPLENDA BLEND for the sugar. (Substitute sugar quantity with 1/2 amount of splenda blend). Then you can use stabilized whipped cream (use regular splenda to sweeten) to cover. I also garnished with some strawberries to compliment. If you use a pound cake recipe, be sure to blend the butter and sugar for quite a while to develope volume when baking. Hope this helps.

firegal79 Posted 16 Oct 2005 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for helping me. I delivered the cake yesterday and the lady loved it. I tasted that frosting and it was wonderful. I found the recipe on this site. Thanks again for all your help. The cake turned out great. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%