Cream Bouquet.....

Decorating By lv2bake Updated 4 Feb 2007 , 7:53pm by lv2bake

lv2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lv2bake Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 18

what is the shelf life of cream bouquet? I bought some from my cake supplier and the date stamp on it, said 2004, I didn't see the date it when I bought it, I tried to take it back and the lady told me they were just missed marked but wouldn't exchange it, all of them were marked with that year. I am so po'd right now because it cost me 6.95 a bottle I needed some, so I bought a smaller bottle but that has no date stamped on it. GRRR! I don't know what to do , they are the only ones around here that sell Magic Line, by Parrish's cake supplies.

Darlene

17 replies
onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 5:37am
post #2 of 18

You might try to contact the manufacturer and explain the situation. Afterall it is their product. It is worth a try. Also, who knows how long the store had it. Did it say a expiration date of 2004? Who knows who stamped that date on there. You might also take a picture of it and send that too. Good luck!

Elfie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elfie Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 18

Depending on your state it is illegal to sell products with an expired expiration date. A couple to the grocers here in California got in big, big trouble for it. Personally I would report her! Nasty ....

deb12g Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb12g Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 18

What exactly is cream bouquet? I've seen it in supply stores. What do you use it for/in?

lv2bake Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 7:39pm
post #5 of 18

I threw out the cream bouquet that was stamped 2004, I just didn't trust it, I did report her though because I think she is not changing out the old and putting in the new. It smelled gross!

deb12g- I use cream bouquet lemon and citrus flavoring in place of my vanilla in my buttercream recipes, it makes it taste so good icon_smile.gif

Darlene

sharonjean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharonjean Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 11:02pm
post #6 of 18

I use it in icing and love it...I have never had any go bad. I thought you stored it like vanilla or almond extract. Better go check mine.
I also use Baker's Secret Flavor from Kitchen Krafts. I don't do very many decorated cakes, I use to about 15 years ago. I need to brush up on my decorating cause my granddaughters want to learn. I am looking for The Wilton Home Study Course they offered by mail a few years ago in one of the year books.The nearest classes are 50 miles from here. Even tho I was not decorating cakes I still bought the year books.

deb12g Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:33pm
post #7 of 18

Do you use it in place of another ingredient, or just add to your buttercream icing?How much of it do you use?

lv2bake Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:46pm
post #8 of 18

I use it in place of the vanilla if it calls for 1/2 tsp of vanilla in your recipe then I Use 1/2 tsp of cream bouquet.

Darlene

deb12g Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:18pm
post #9 of 18

Thanks!

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 2:31am
post #10 of 18

I had bought some Creme Bouquet about 2 weeks ago but haven't used it. My local cake supply store recommended it. I opened the bottle and it really smells citrus......is that the way it is supposed to smell. And is it really good in the buttercream icing?

Guess I need to give it a try and see what happens.

lv2bake Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:26pm
post #11 of 18

yes that is the way it is supposed to smell, mine smelled almost like ammonia not quite, hard to explain the smell, but I bought a new bottle and the older one looked darker, oh yes, I love the way it tastes in buttercream and my customers ( friends ) love the taste they can tell the difference, I made a cake with vanilla extract and cupcakes with the cream bouquet and I received high raves on the cupcakes everyone wanted to know what I did different.

Darlene

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 1:00am
post #12 of 18

Thanks, I give it a try and see what happens. I have wondered what it would taste like in the buttercream.

sharonjean Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:19pm
post #13 of 18

I threw out the cream bouquet that was stamped 2004, I just didn't trust it, I did report her though because I think she is not changing out the old and putting in the new. It smelled gross!

some businesses put the date they put it out or did it say expiration date?

Sharon

sharonjean Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:22pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonjean

some businesses put the date they put it out or did it say expiration date?

Sharon

I gues I don't know how to copy and paste to a question. the top part was someone elses post.
Please excuse this newbie I am still learning
Sharon

sharonjean Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 3:23pm
post #15 of 18

aha figured it out icon_biggrin.gif
Sharon

lv2bake Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 6:25pm
post #16 of 18

It didn't say expiration it was stamped April 16, 2004

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 7:32pm
post #17 of 18

Mine is Magic Line Creme Bouquet, and there is no date on it.

I used it for flavoring (in place of vanilla and almond) in the White Almond Sour Cream Cake recipe, and YUMMY! It was sooo good!

The problem was that my normal bc, which tastes just right with most cakes, just didn't fit this cake. The cake was better without frosting! Any ideas why? I used vanilla flavoring in the frosting. Should I have used the same flavoring, substituted creme bouquet for vanilla?

lv2bake Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 7:53pm
post #18 of 18

mine is Magic Line also, only the best icon_smile.gif I always replace my vanilla with cream bouquet, I guess it makes a difference because I get more raves about my BC icing since I have replaced it. I have not tried WASC yet but will be making my first WASC cake next week. But all my icings I switch the flavoring to creme bouquet, and have not had any complaints yet.

Darlene

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%