Super Bowl Foods?

Lounge By emilykakes Updated 6 Feb 2007 , 1:15am by shelbur10

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 16

I am having my first ever super bowl party this weekend and I am wondering what kind of foods I should make? Would anyone mind sharing any ideas or recipes with me? Thanks!!!

15 replies
pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 16

I would go for finger foods. Hot wings, cheese ball, crackers, sandwiches, cake of course, veggie tray. Have lots of napkins, and stain remover for your carpet! icon_lol.gif Have a great time!

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 16

i'm having my first superbowl party mylsef and I think with the expense of the big screen tv im renting and all the drinks plus providing entertianment for any kids that might come is enough of an expense withough going to crazy on the food but we are doing much of the same cake pizza rolls chips and dip chicken on a stick little smokies wings of course and cheese and crackers.

pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 16

Y'all you can always ask people to bring something. Most will, I know it is Sunday, but I ahte going to a party and bringing something. The super bowl is not my thing, only because my teams are not in it, but I am having poeple bring things to my Nextel Daytona party.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 7:34pm
post #5 of 16

Hot wings, nachos, a big sub, sausage balls, cheese plate, crackers - lots of junk food. We always get bellyaches on Superbowl Sunday! LOL

emilykakes Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

Hot wings, nachos, a big sub, sausage balls, cheese plate, crackers - lots of junk food. We always get bellyaches on Superbowl Sunday! LOL

What are sausage balls??? And if these are something that you make...would you mind sharing the recipe? icon_biggrin.gif

shelbur10 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 16

OMG, you MUST try sausage balls, they are FANTASTIC!! Please forgive my imprecise recipe, I haven't actually looked up the recipe in years.
Recipe:
1 roll ground sausage (Jimmy Dean)
1 envelope Bisquick (or any dry biscuit mix)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined. Form small balls (about bite size). Bake on an ungreased pan with low sides (you will get grease collected on the pan). Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:50pm
post #8 of 16

My annual Superbowl fare is:

Homemade Chile
Baked Chicken Nuggets
various homemade dips and lots of crackers, chips
Brownies

and this year.....a BEARS cake. woo hoo! party.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 4:41am
post #9 of 16

Hubby, who doesn't even really understand football (I had to explain the game to him when we got married 18 years ago!) announced he wants Super Bowl food. (He's "into it" this year, for obvious reasons!) I asked him, "What kind of food do you want?" He says, "You're the caterer! You know ..... football food!" icon_confused.gif

I luv him anyway! shhh.gif

XoGuitarChefoX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
XoGuitarChefoX Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 11:35pm
post #10 of 16

I think i am going to make a mexican feast! with tacos, breakfast burritoes, nachos, tortilla chips and salsa, and non-mexican dessert lemon tart! it'll be soo good, but yet so messy!
Natalie

emilykakes Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 1:19am
post #11 of 16

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! I am going to do veggies and dip, little smokies, sausage balls (thanks shelbur10...I can't wait to try them!) a cupcake cake, we are going to order wings and most of my guests are going to bring a little something. YAY! I am SOOO excited!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 4:12pm
post #12 of 16

Well it's too late to give you ideas icon_smile.gif but this year I am making a beef brisket,potato salad and beans. My neice is bring chips and dip and rolls to make brisket sandwichs.. Its only 9 am and Im hungry! LOL

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 5:00pm
post #13 of 16

WE ARE GETTING A 4FT SUB FROM WHERE I WORK. FRIENDS ARE BRINGING WINGS, CHIPS AND DIP. CHEESE AND CRACKERS, CHILI, SEVEN LAYER DIP WHICH I WILL MAKE. CAKE LEFTOVER FROM A SPICE IT UP PARTY FROM FRIDAY NIGHT SO I AM NOT MAKING A SUPERBOWL CAKE THIS YEAR! WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE WE WILL HAVE! NORMALLY WE GO TO FIREHOUSE AND HAVE A WHOLE MIX OF FOOD. THIS YEAR WE ARE AT MY HOUSE AND AM NOT SURE OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT WILL BE HERE!

shelbur10 Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 5:59pm
post #14 of 16

Let me know how the sausage balls go over, emilykakes...everyone I know LOVES them icon_smile.gif

emilykakes Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 11:21pm
post #15 of 16

Hey shelbur10- The sausage balls were a huge hit! Thanks for sharing with me!!!

shelbur10 Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 1:15am
post #16 of 16

Glad they worked out...those suckers are an instant crowd pleaser! Glad to share, they are a party favorite in my area. (wish I could take credit!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%