Meringue Powder In Cream Cheese Frosting?

Decorating By WalkersNC Updated 12 Aug 2023 , 9:32am by -K8memphis

WalkersNC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WalkersNC Posted 9 Aug 2023 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 4

I have a cake to transport three hours away in the southern heat. It has cream cheese frosting . I am using Sugar Gerk's crusting cream cheese frosting snd wonder if adding meringue powder would make it more stable without affecting the flavor. 

Advice? Thank you!

3 replies
Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 10 Aug 2023 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 4

Are you seeking stability, like holds together better, or stable to leave out more than 4 hours?  If the first, then more powdered sugar would make it more stable for uses like piping, although I wouldn't up the sugar for the overall frosting or filling.  If the second, then I wouldn't make anything with actual cream cheese.  There is an excellent recipe that uses while balsamic vinegar to mimic the taste but allow for a more shelf stable frosting.  It is an ABC , but it is possible that the concept might be usable for a meringue style frosting. That is here: https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/61811/white-balsamic-american-buttercream.  HTH!

WalkersNC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WalkersNC Posted 10 Aug 2023 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for linking the recipe, and I've saved it. For this time I'm making a cold box to transport.

I have a big problem, though. I'll start a new thread...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2023 , 9:32am
post #4 of 4

thank you, singer soul, for posting the recipe! I also just posted it before I saw this post -- ha!

but while I think I am late to this party, for going forward, instead of meringue powder use cornstarch to bulk up your icing when necessary --

take care

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%