Frozen Cake

Baking By flawless1 Updated 27 Mar 2023 , 2:36am by flawless1

flawless1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flawless1 Posted 26 Mar 2023 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone,

I am taking a cake decorating class and I am suppose to bring a crumb coated cake to class Saturday. I have never frozen a cake and I would like to know the correct procedure. I was going to bake a vanilla cake with American buttercream Monday. I am going too let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then wrap it with plastic wrap and freeze it. Thursday I am going to remove it from the freezer and let it unthaw wrapped on the counter for 6 hours. Then I am going to crumb coat it and wrap it back up with plastic wrap and put it back in the refrigerator. Then on Saturday remove it from the fridge and take it to class so I can decorate it.

Thank You

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Mar 2023 , 12:08am
post #2 of 3

a lot of cakers would and probably still do wrap hot cakes but i never did -- often the topic of debate as well -- and i wouldn't want to heat anything i already had in the freezer while it's in there cooling -- but there are ways around that too -- it's not my method but lots of cakers do that --

and i iced my cakes frozen -- i torted and filled the layers, no crumb coat but i did shave off the brown edges -- wrapped them up like mummies -- iced them frozen -- held in the fridge --

but there is no wrong way -- do it how you want and what works for you! i have seen your modus operandi used by many cakers!

best to you

hibiscus

flawless1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flawless1 Posted 27 Mar 2023 , 2:36am
post #3 of 3

Thank you for replying 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%